1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Anvil on steel

Discussion in 'Hammer & Tongs' started by Rgv jeff, Sep 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Rgv jeff

Rgv jeff

Sep 10, 2018
    I I bought an anvil from a ship breaking company. It was welded to an inch thick steel plate about 5 feet by 5. They asked if I wanted it cut the anvil off but i I asked them to cut the plate around the anvil. So I now i have an anvil with a steel plate on the bottom about 1,5 foot by 1.5. Should i I leave the plate welded to anvil and mount like that or remove plate?

2. Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith

Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith ilmarinen - MODERATOR Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 20, 2004
    Absolutely. The extra mass is great as long as it isn't in your way. I'd love to see a photo and know what type anvil it is.