1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! Live stream of the winners being picked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6xurJWkhs

Hey folks! We're having a Becker Giveaway over in the Giveaway forum, check it out and have a chance to win a free Becker 4 Machax, Becker 5 Magnum Camp, or Becker 15 Short Trailing Point!
  3. Hey folks! We were alerted to a bug where several hundred members somehow got permanent paid memberships. We're going through and correcting that now. Somehow some of you somehow got yeaaaaaaars of free memberships, and, well, it happens. If your membership accidentally is turned off please post in the Service & Support forum thread with your transaction ID and I'll fix it

Any Photos of the new Coating's being offered by Busse

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by TommyGun56, Jun 16, 2017.

1. TommyGun56

TommyGun56 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 29, 2014
    :thumbsup:Anybody have any pictures (Close-ups preferred) of the new Forest Green, Midnight Blue, and Desert Bronze Coating's being offered for the BGAK-47's? I have seen the Midnight Blue and Forest Green but not the Desert Bronze! Would like to see them all pictured on one thread if possible, Thanks in Advance:cool::thumbsup:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  2. TommyGun56

Jul 29, 2014
    Deletedo_O

3. TommyGun56

Jul 29, 2014
    RE-OPENED :(

4. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    Moss gree top
    New green below

IMG_1730.PNG

5. AZTimT

AZTimT KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 15, 2009
    [​IMG]

Very accurate shot of the new Forest Green, this shot captures the shine of the light angles at the handle end with the non reflective look further to the front.
    [​IMG]

Indoor sunny window shot.
    [​IMG]

6. Panthera tigris

Panthera tigris Sharpclaw / Apex Predator

Apr 21, 2012
    Blue... it's really nice

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The blue is almost like a halo. Get some light and oil and it has an effect like moonlight on the sea.

VashHash and Mumbojumboo like this.
  7. TommyGun56

Jul 29, 2014
    :thumbsup:Thanks for the pictures! Still have not seen a shot of the Desert Bronze-Looks like the Midnight Blue would go very well a Bruiser Handle and the Forest Green with a Black and Green Handles:D

8. nemesis

nemesis

Nov 5, 2005
    I want to see the desert bronze also

9. dobermaniac

dobermaniac Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2013
    :)
    I know the blue and green here are the new ones, but I don't know about the bronze. It came from Bladeshow so I'm assuming it was made recently, but I don't have any of the older bronze knives to compare it to so it might be the old, it might be the new.
    (the green 511 and RMD are the same, some shadow caught the RMD so it looks darker)
    [​IMG]

VashHash and inkynate like this.
  10. TommyGun56

Jul 29, 2014
    Thanks:thumbsup: Dobermaniac, looks to me (Looking at the pictures) the Midnight Blue and Forest Green appear to be smoother?

11. dobermaniac

dobermaniac Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2013
    No problem :)
    Yup that's correct, they are a little smoother.

12. inspector-callahan

inspector-callahan Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2011
    [QUOTE="TommyGun56, post: 17236673, member: 386275"Looks like the Midnight Blue would go very well a Bruiser Handle and the Forest Green with a Black and Green Handles:D[/QUOTE]

My blade 2017 pick up... I definitely liked the blue models....
    [​IMG]

13. inspector-callahan

Oct 31, 2011
    [QUOTE="TommyGun56, post: 17236673, member: 386275"Looks like the Midnight Blue would go very well a Bruiser Handle and the Forest Green with a Black and Green Handles:D[/QUOTE]

I definitely liked the blue models...
    [​IMG]

14. hydeinmind

hydeinmind Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2015
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

So is this still tanker grey? Or is it desert sage? Or is the Busse site just labeled wrong? Anyone know? Seems I saw a grey coated blade somewhere else were the dicription was desert sage but not sure. Thanks!

15. hydeinmind

Nov 30, 2015
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

Really great looking blades btw @inspector-callahan I just love the bruiser on grey combo!

16. TommyGun56

Jul 29, 2014
    Would have liked to see the Hammered Silver Coating offered on the BGAK-47's HINT:thumbsup::cool:

17. lex2006

lex2006 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 20, 2014
    [​IMG]

18. lex2006

lex2006 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 20, 2014
    [​IMG]

19. inspector-callahan

Oct 31, 2011
    So is this still tanker grey? Or is it desert sage? Or is the Busse site just labeled wrong? Anyone know? Seems I saw a grey coated blade somewhere else were the dicription was desert sage but not sure. Thanks![/QUOTE]

These are both the Midnight Blue blade and black and blue G10 grips... And thank you...

hydeinmind likes this.
  20. hydeinmind

Nov 30, 2015
    These are both the Midnight Blue blade and black and blue G10 grips... And thank you...[/QUOTE]

Awesomeness thank you! I was wondering how that would look and now I know. That's what I'll be ordering! Thanks so much!