Anyone get really bummed by one-sided pictures in FSOT Forum?

At least a dozen times in the last month, someone posts a rare or interesting CRK knife with pictures of one side of it only. Which then really bums me out because the first response is:

"I'll take it! Pending more pictures!"

Followed by a half dozen others, all within 10 minutes of posting, asking for more pictures, or saying PM sent, or saying your PM box is full. etc.

And it could be something that I want, but I don't know unless I see the lock side. Does it have an Idaho stamp? One-sided fasteners? New or old clip or no clip at all? Snail trails on lock side?

I'm posting here, because I'm really mostly looking at CRK knives to add to my collection, and it seems like CRK knives benefit more from seeing both sides of the knife than possibly other knives. Anyone else get bummed when they see this? And of course, it means I miss out on the knife because I find it socially unacceptable to say "I'll take it! Pending my request for more pictures" and don't want to be that guy.

I've also noticed on more than one occasion, someone saying I'll take it! Followed by, "withdrawn" once the second set of pictures was posted. It's not like we don't all have camera phones. If you can take 1 picture, you can take 2 pictures with an extra 5 seconds of effort.

And usually these are people asking a premium over current retail, so they know they have a rare knife. But they don't think it's necessary to post pictures of both sides?

Let's also not forget the posts that have no pictures and describe their rare knife. Saying "I'll post pictures later tonight!"

If you see it first, why not simply state that you will take it pending a complete photo set?
It's a violation of forum rules. A commitment to buy is a 100% commitment to buy. Not pending more pictures, not pending if the seller is willing to take $100 less, not pending winning the lottery later that evening.

Last edited:
Aren't you saying you want more pictures yourself, though? I don't see anything wrong with accepting the sellers price as long as you get the chance to make sure the knife is in it's described condition. That's just being a smart buyer.

1st people do make tentative offers to take it based on approval of photo's. It is not a firm I'll take it so others can also pile in behind, or the seller could just jump you for a firm commitment.
Getting photo's to load can be tedious and require a fair amount of time to get them all up.
I try to post that the photo's are a work in progress, but sometimes the item will sell on the 1st photo.

Last edited:
Back