Anyone have experience with the Tool Steel from Strider

Hello, I was looking to buying the strider dbl mod, the one that comes in the "tool steel".
Does anyone know what kinda of tool steel? How does it hold up? edge retention, toughness?
Thanks. I really want the 3v ones but those seem so rare so i was wondering if I should just go with this version. Thanks ya'll.
Not my Picture, i took it off google for reference.

yvlm7iS.jpg

I was going to suggest posting this on Strider's sub-forum, but it seems Mick isn't supporting BF.

Also, from what I have seen on his website, he really does not list the steel. Big red flag for me, personally... I guess he figures it's not important.
Which is interesting because he does list s30v on other knives info pages.

so strike 2 is enough for me, it's not worth it

Don't support mick strider, he's a liar and a thief who pretended he was a ranger in Somalia. The owner of bladeforums outted him and they are no longer welcome here.

PD-1 and Z-wear are both very sought after steels in the Strider line up. As noted above Strider does the heat treat well.
I have a SnG Z-Wear and have been very pleased with it. Edge holds up very well. It is a tool steel vs stainless so it is best to keep it maintained, but I have never had a problem.
I have never heard any complaints about the steel-think you would be happy with it

I was going to suggest posting this on Strider's sub-forum, but it seems Mick isn't supporting BF.

Also, from what I have seen on his website, he really does not list the steel. Big red flag for me, personally... I guess he figures it's not important.
Which is interesting because he does list s30v on other knives info pages.

so strike 2 is enough for me, it's not worth it
Mick isn't supporting BF? How bout no one is supporting Mick because he's a lying POS. Do you support Mick?--KV

Reactions: Mo2
Back