anyone know current turnaround for spa treatment?

I have a small 21 that needs a good sharpening and cleaning and hopefully, they can help where I rounded my tip a bit

but the sebenza is my only pocket knife and I carry and use daily

if it is just a month or less then I can make do with a necker I have that was done a guy. if going to be longer than that then I need to purchase a pocket knife to hold me over until the 21 comes back

so anyone done a sharpening/spa treatment lately and if so what was your turnaround time?

what I was expecting the answer to be

can't really complain about a free service though

now I need to find a cheap but serviceable EDC to use for a couple of months

I sent two back with them from BLADE. They are en route back to me now - ETA Monday per UPS tracking info. That's somewhere around 7ish weeks IIRC.

They have had 2 of mine for 8 weeks to the day . . . and no word on a return shipping date yet.

I think they are a little overwhelmed right now. They have had 4 of mine for over 2 months now and called for payment on Thursday and told me they would be shipping them out that day or Friday. I emailed them today for tracking and they still haven't shipped them out yet.... But a few months ago another two of mine only took 4 weeks so I think it definitely varies big time!

Eight weeks TAT sounds like they need to hire some people and drop that down to <4 weeks...even if it's "free".

There are some missing information on their page on service: http://chrisreeve.com/maintenance-services.html

TAT for any service is not mentioned. Seems to me that would be a key customer expectation or customer satisfaction metric that should be at least discussed.

Refresh, redo of anodizing is not mentioned.

Not stated but implied, if your damascus blade needs some work you're out of luck.

If they'd address these common needs and questions, then I guess people wouldn't need to come here and speculate :)

Back