Anyone recognize this maker? Bought it years ago, no sheath.

I re-profiled the edge. I do remember that he no longer makes knives. It is 1095. Keeps a ridiculous edge. Love the knife. Feels great in my hand and just keeps on workin' and cutin'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Then I could start my search for another of his knives to have as backup should I ever do something stupid like lose this one.

Thank you very much.

15961057952_aaf2e50b3c_z.jpg

15961707725_9758743d0a_z.jpg

15775691839_3f81cc6fb9_z.jpg

15935926246_9573888557_z.jpg

I believe that's a John Landi knife, most likely 1095 steel. I can't recall the model. I have the medium sized one, I agree the 1095 is well done, professional Peters heat treat. I do think he's still making knives, but don't quote me on it.

Edit, I think it was called the MPS. I think anybody who bought a Landi had to reprofile the edge, mine came butter knife sharp.

Landi. Thank you. I appreciate the info. Not to look into getting that back-up.

Thanks,
Toms

Edit,
Well, just went to his site and unless his workmanship has improved exponentially, I can't imagine this is the same maker. The knife I have is rough, with gaps between the micarta and tang, uneven shoulder grind and rough finish all over. Not saying someone can't vastly improve, but this is quite a jump.

Edit again:

Well, I sit corrected. Guess his work has improved exponentially. I searched for the original sale post where I bought it from, and BINGO, there it is. Thanks again guys and here is the link below:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/931715-Landi-and-Ray-Laconico?highlight=landi

Last edited:
Back