Authenticity check

Bought this one on the exchange last week and received it Friday afternoon. Opened it yesterday and everything looks good, the only thing giving me pause is the 2 body screws on the presentation side, they just look different than any sebenza I've seen. What do you guys think, is this legit, maybe with aftermarket screws, or possibly the best counterfeit blade ever made! Let me know thanks.
179029dc31a5a4cb4a5819034908a28a.jpg
06169a1e1486b7b364856d429434961e.jpg
e8d166dba8952f57de27472bcc9d5f71.jpg
2027a3c50bac6ec938d5741a410d14a7.jpg
5622beaa18a6cef8f1ed80b22be6c22d.jpg
f6598c23c2202a4f7960993449d824dc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legit IMO. What are the numbers on the inside of the scales? Did it come with papers, box, etc?

Yes sorry forgot to include that info. Came with box and all papers, cloth grease, wrench. Birthdate is April 10,2014. Scales are both marked c13

Other than having a lot of grease, I wouldn't worry. It's real. Perhaps the screws were replaced or got exchanged at the spa.

Should be A13 if birthdate was in April, but I hear sometimes they have it mixed up. Looks legit to me. If you're concerned, you can email Chris Reeve Knives and have them assuage your worries.

Should be A13 if birthdate was in April, but I hear sometimes they have it mixed up. Looks legit to me. If you're concerned, you can email Chris Reeve Knives and have them assuage your worries.

The use of slightly older scales isn't uncommon, since they mke them in batches. 3rd quarter of '13 scales are fine on an April '14 knife.

Looks good to me. The newer screws are kinda inlayed where the hex is like that and if you dont get the tool just right in there (seems undersized) ((a 2mm allan fits better btw)) they get a stripped look to them.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The stop pin and back spacer screws seem like the older style screws CRK used a few years back (there is a bevel around the hex hole of the screw) whereas the pivot screw seems to be the newer style screw. Perhaps the knife was disassembled by a previous owner and re-assembled with the wrong screws.

Yup looks real to me, my Small Insigno has that style of screw (like your stop pin and body screw). Mine is from March of 14'. I did purchase a replacement screw for mine late in 15' because I thought I had lost one and they sent me the style of your pivot screw.

Thank you all for the input. Any worries I had are gone now that I know the screws are normal, I hadn't known that CRK used any other type of screws before the current.

C13 is totally fake. You should send it to me for further evaluation ;)

Enjoy your knife mhgarcia.

Yes sorry forgot to include that info. Came with box and all papers, cloth grease, wrench. Birthdate is April 10,2014. Scales are both marked c13

Fancy that, April 10.... my birthdate ...btw its legit.

Back