1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Authorized Dealer in Illinois

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by Tetsujin 140.6, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Tetsujin 140.6

Tetsujin 140.6

Jan 4, 2011
    Ballard Cutlery, in Elk Grove Village, Illinois is listed as an authorized CRK dealer.

A search on-line for that business yields a phone number, that no one has answered after several calls. I have been unable to find any online reviews or other information. They do not appear to have a web page or on-line presence.

Has anyone had contact with this business? Are they legit and do they have CRK's for sale? Has anyone ever purchased from them?

Thanks.

2. Tetsujin 140.6

Tetsujin 140.6

Jan 4, 2011
    Anyone? Bueller?

3. RyanRaben

RyanRaben Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 10, 2014
    May be best to call CRK and ask if they have any extra info for them. I have not heard of them or done any business with them.

4. RyanRaben

RyanRaben Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Or at least it will bring it to their attention that info on their site may not be correct or that maybe the dealer has shut their doors.

5. Cheesehead_Slasher

Cheesehead_Slasher Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 21, 2016
    When I was trying to find a retailer in the Wisconsin / Illinois area I had some struggles as well. Seems as if their dealer list is out of date.

6. Tyd450

Tyd450 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2015
    I think your best bet in IL is GP Knives down near St Louis

Mo2 likes this.
  7. Wavicle

Wavicle

Jul 22, 2014
    Nice place- been there a few times myself. However, not too close to Chicago area if that's where Tetsujin 140.6 is located based on the initial location in question.

8. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    a new knife shop just opened up in crystal lake. haven't been there yet so in not sure if they carry crk. but do see some crk in the display case on there Facebook page

sorry I can't be more helpful and mention the name, as they are not a bladeforums dealer. but I'm guessing you can try to Google it.

9. Tetsujin 140.6

Tetsujin 140.6

Jan 4, 2011
    Thanks for all the responses.

Yes, I'm in Chicago and would love to find some CRKs there . . . but next time I'm down in St. Louis, I will GP Knives.

Has anyone heard of the shop from the OP?

10. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    I would assume that its no longer in business. but who's to say for sure. Google maps just shows a business park. no sign that says anything on it. and if they ain't answering the phone, that would be my guess. they don't seem to have a website or Facebook that I can find.

I've never heard of it.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018 at 5:05 PM
  11. brownshoe

brownshoe I support this site with my MIND

Sep 6, 2002
    I bought from GP, good selection.

12. Tetsujin 140.6

Tetsujin 140.6

Jan 4, 2011
    I went to the new knife shop in Crystal lake. They have a decent selection of CRKs in stock including several CGGs.

The owner was very nice and knowledgeable.

Mo2 likes this.
  13. Wavicle

Wavicle

Jul 22, 2014
    Good news, will add that one on the list. Did you bring anything home with you?

Mo2 likes this.