Bad day at work.

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by resinguy, Nov 21, 2013.

1. resinguy

resinguy

Feb 19, 2006
    12 people got let go today. From 30 year veterans down to a 9 month newb. Good people just trying to do their job. So you spend a couple of ugly hours hoping your own phone doesn't ring, hoping it will all be over soon. And then you get mad, because 9 out of the 12 cuts came from R&D, and you wonder about all the people the company has hired in Marketing and Finance in the last two years, and wonder why did they not get hit?

Bad day at work. But it's over now.

So let's drink, and raise a glass to friends who suffer when the company does what companies do.

2. Psyop

Psyop

Oct 17, 2011
    Glad it wasnt you and it sucks for the other guys.

3. jball1125

jball1125

Aug 26, 2011
    Been there done that, sucks....

4. southernknives

southernknives Banned BANNED

Sep 30, 2012
    I will never work for another company in my life ever again. The above is one reason, another one is the novel concept of getting paid what your worth. Not what someone tells you they will pay you, for what they are going tell you to do. Sorry for those guys, I bet several will start their own business and eight or ten years from now realize getting fired was one of the best things that ever happened to them.

5. Barbarossa

Barbarossa

Nov 14, 2007
    Corporations are evil with no heart whatsoever. I bet the big whigs at the top all got raises and bonuses today.

6. Jiabla

Jiabla

May 18, 2013
    That sucks, been there myself. I'm in r&d too. Went through it in 2003, 2004, 2006, and then just last month. Not fun.

7. EldoEsq

EldoEsq

Jun 23, 2013
    Corporations suck...my wife lost her job because even though she was the best worker in her department, she "made too much money."

Civil service is probably worse though, as there is no merit placed on your service...it just rewards time. My first 3 years in LE I have faced layoffs while old-timers who can't even tie their shoes are completely safe...

I am raising a glass of Buffalo Trace as I type this to your lost co-workers.

8. plue

plue

Oct 3, 2012
    Axe has been swinging around here lately too, tough deal and a terrible feeling.

9. tbdoc4kids

tbdoc4kids

Apr 24, 2012
    Glad you survived, but I do feel for the 12 who got hit. Someone probably got a bonus just for terminating them, and that is just not right.

10. Flatsman007

Flatsman007

Apr 13, 2010
    Cheers! It is good to be thankfull for your job. Good luck to the others that they can find something soon. It really is a eat or be eaten world. Unfortunately.

11. dericdesmond

dericdesmond

Sep 10, 2007
    This budz for you Guy
    Cheerz
    Eric

12. RussMo

RussMo

Apr 1, 2007
    Glad it wasn't you Guy and sure hate to see junk like this!!!

13. hunterseeker5

hunterseeker5

Sep 30, 2010
    These days the mantra is a great product gets ripped off by the Chinese, but even a rancid turd can be hocked by heavy marketing; its no surprise R&D is undervalued these days. Its sad times. Sorry man, glad to hear you've made the cut..... for now.

14. Will York

Will York Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 21, 2000
    That sucks Guy, but glad you made it through.

If quality of personnel was an issue, at least we know one good decision was carried out today.

To better times...

15. mach 5

mach 5

Apr 13, 2012
    No one deserves that stress. Have one for me, congrats on your continued gainful employment and condolences to your buddies.

16. nerv102

nerv102

Jan 3, 2007
    I hear ya man..my best friends last day is tomorrow and he literally just bought his first house...talk about horrible timing....

17. voracious1

voracious1

Aug 10, 2011
    That is a bummer, Guy. Sheesh.

18. .357gus

.357gus Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Glad you made it Bro. Working for corporations sucks. We lost our contract to another co., the lowest bidder, and if I want to stay, I have to accept the same salary with less benefits. Cheers my friend.

19. resinguy

resinguy

Feb 19, 2006

To better times...

Thanks all.

20. Busto

Busto KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 26, 2011
    Hey Guy sorry to hear about the layoffs....I know how that feels when its happening around you. There is never a good time, but around the
    holidays is the worst. I have 4 machinist that have layoff notices since August and have been able to bump them so far through next week I hope
    I can get the notices lifted first of December....They are highly skilled and made Space Shuttle Parts when the Orbiters were Still Flying, but without
    the shuttle program works been slooooooow....To Better Times...