Bad grinds on new Benchmade Mini Adamas

BladeSport

Gold Member
Ladies and gents,

Are you experiencing anything like this? This is so lopsided I'm speechless.

IMG_4361.jpg

Dergyll

Gold Member
Horey Shet, I've only seen it that bad on one thing, my Boker Donut Kalashnikov...

I would send it back for warranty work, CRUWEAR is one of the tougher steels to sharpen.

simple6

Gold Member
Benchmade QC is horrible. I stopped buying BMs after 3 bugouts in a row developed flaking/peeling on the axis bar resulting in a rough action. All were sent for warranty, month later same thing. Broken omega springs are now par for the course too.

Yeah thats pretty bad and beyond normal issues that could arise from something getting through QC. Im in my own waiting game with BM customer service on a custom order but this is almost certainly something that needs to be sent back to Benchmade to get handled by customer service. My guess is at the very least you would get a new blade and you might get a whole new knife. Send them that picture in the email as well.

Ask them to ship you an unsharpened blade, lol. I've never tried it but maybe they could just let you put your own edge on it, considering how bad theirs are anyway.

I had one of the new Adamas fixed blades come in recently and the grind at the tip was even worse than what you show here. Annoying, but I planned to give it a sharpening anyway, so I just fixed the grind on my own.

willc

Gold Member
That looks like an average Benchmade grind.
They do come better but I have owned ones that were more off than that.