Balanced?

Not trying to be ignorant but what does it meen when people say balanced?Does it meen the weight of the knife is evenly balanced throughout the length of the blade?When I was a kid I thought balanced meant it would stick everytime you threw it,sorta like a star...lol.But with a little time trying to get one to stick I found out this wasn`t true at all.
wink.gif

Thanks

------------------
Jay
Life is like a box of chocolates,never know what your gona git!

When you hear someone say that a throwing knife is center balanced it means that it is balanced within an inch on either side from the middle of the blade. A center balanced knife can be thrown by the handle or by the blade. Sometimes a knife can be balanced so that it is weighted so that it would be thrown best by one end or the other. Most pure handle throwers have the majority of the weight distributed towards the blade. The knife designed to be thrown mostly by the blade will generally have a heavy handle with the majority of the weight distributed toward the handle. An experienced thrower can generally overcome the balance problem by adjusting his or her throwing style to adapt to a knife that has a balance point that is different from the knives that they normally throw.

Bobby Branton

Back