Battle Saw Optimized

Hey All,

Haven't posted any of my sharpening jobs for a while, so I finally felt excited to share today:

This Reprofiled & Optimized Mirror Polished Battle Saw is ready for Action!!

The edge is a clean 19 degrees per side and polished to .5 micron. It's slicey ;)

Damn... that's beautiful. How do you bring yourself to use it after that???

Food looks very tasty! This Greek guy approves. :thumbsup:

Lol thanks man --- I'm going to test it out as is first . . . Then if I see a real benefit/need -- absolutely!!

After I beat on this monster for a few weeks, I'm going to strip it and put a ghetto Satin finish on it

Damn... that's beautiful. How do you bring yourself to use it after that???

Food looks very tasty! This Greek guy approves. :thumbsup:

It definitely hurts to blemish a fresh mirror edge . . . But then with each progressive chop, you realize how ridiculous the performance is. When I sharpen my knives . . . They consistently outperform hatchets and other heavier knives --- so it brings me joy and pride lol

It definitely hurts to blemish a fresh mirror edge . . . But then with each progressive chop, you realize how ridiculous the performance is. When I sharpen my knives . . . They consistently outperform hatchets and other heavier knives --- so it brings me joy and pride lol
I'd love to see how deep that sucker bites! Or any of your optimized blades! Got any pics?

Let me echo Bacon... I'd love to see some before and after pics, or even some video! Cool in any case!

Gentleman!! I do not have any photos of in use . . . But I'm going camping next weekend and I'll definitely take a bunch of photos and I'll try and do a video review . . . Let me know which 2-3 you guys would prefer to see most. Here's my list of current optimized knives:

1. NMFBM
2. TTKZ
3. BB13BG
4. Battle Saw
5. Basic 11
6. FFBM
7. CG FBM
8. Chophouse Thick Cut
9. NMFSH
10. SYKCO 911
11. HOGFSH
12. HHFSH
13. Basic 8 L.E
14. TGLB
15. FAT ASH-1
16. Trash-1
17. MO Hell Razor Terror Monkey
18. Infidu
19. Gentleman's Knife
20. Competition Finish SOB
21. SS4 INFI

I have smaller optimized ones -- but that's generally less exciting

I'd say pick 2 optimized ones and then pick another knife in it's weight/size class that you'd like it compared to that isn't optimized

1. CG BB13
2. KZ2
3. BG WTF
4. Basic 10 L.E Choiless
5. Trash-2
6. BG FSH
7. 2nd Gen SH-e
8. 2008 Special Edition Sarsquatch
9. Regulator
10. SYKCO 711

I have others -- but that should be a wide enough variety to select from.

I also have a BK9, RTAK2, Condor Hudson Bay, Kabar USMC, BK-5, Wetterlings Hatchet, Fiskars x7, and soon to arrive Council Tool Saddle Axe (which I'll definitely be bringing)

Let me know gents

That battle saw is a beauty! I have a quick question about the teeth on top. Shouldn't they be facing the other way? It seems much more dangerous and more wasted energy to try and push cut with the saw end instead of pulling it back into your center of gravity. I think certain Japanese style saws utilize this). If there's a reason it's the other way please let me know (I've been trying to learn as much as I can about knives). Thanks in advance.

Damn Rob... nice collection! Any BM and anything with a big recurve will suit me!

BTW, Where are you camping? I'm in SoCal too, and I'm always looking for new ideas.

Thanks!

Never not impressed by edges you put on your blades.:thumbsup: As others have said would like to see how it bites, if possible. I will never have my edges that polished unless buy right equipment so wondering if worth getting,,,,,,,, it is a WE you use yeah?

Mirrored edge is best edge. Looks awesome. And I agree, a good mirrored edge seems to bite deeper and cut smoother than anything else I've tried.

I'm not sure what else goes into an "optimized edge" in this case, so.....still in for the results of the test though.

Back