Bearing washers

Can I buy bearing washers from say knife kits.com and put them in my bulldog or mini15 ? Or would their not be room ?

Dunno, you would have to send it to someone experienced with converting washers to bearings and see what they say.

It is possible to find phosphor bronze washers that fit Emersons and many including myself have tried them. IMHO they offer nothing in regards to smoothness and only a bit in regards to stiffness in prying. Emerson hasn't found a need for them in 20 years and compared to Nylatron they will corrode. If you still must try them search for 0.250 inch ID and 0.500 OD with a thickness of 0.003 to 0.005

As far as conversion to true ball bearings, you will need to machine the liners.

It is possible to find phosphor bronze washers that fit Emersons and many including myself have tried them. IMHO they offer nothing in regards to smoothness and only a bit in regards to stiffness in prying. Emerson hasn't found a need for them in 20 years and compared to Nylatron they will corrode. If you still must try them search for 0.250 inch ID and 0.500 OD with a thickness of 0.003 to 0.005

As far as conversion to true ball bearings, you will need to machine the liners.

Ok how much ? I am not sure how deep to go , the thickness of the bearings on one side or ?

Not worth it. Just buy a bearing knife if that's what you want.

Did anyone ever find phosphor bronze washers for Emerson Knives?

I measured the washers in my CQC-7 and they’re: .250” inside diameter, .620” outside diameter and .030” thick.

I’ve scoured the web and cannot find any. A buddy of mine put these washers in his Emerson and in my opinion it made a huge difference.

Any idea where to find them?

I think some polishing and refining on the washers would make a better fit . I had a pimp job with phosphor bronze washers and it was so smooth and seemed more sturdy. I would replace them on some of my super sticky Emersons.

Many industrial suppliers have them (like Boker) but you will have to buy a large quantity. Post in the knife makers forum. They may have some.

I sand all my Emerson washers and put them back in dry for best operation. Get your pivot tension just right and they are perfect.

Bronze would be worth trying if you can get the right ones, but hardly worth the effort.

For some reason I cannot get the image to upload to photo bucket but I made a ampco 45 pivot pin and two bushings tonight. Will try them out to see how they work

For some reason I cannot get the image to upload to photo bucket but I made a ampco 45 pivot pin and two bushings tonight. Will try them out to see how they work
If they work I would like to get some from you. Any way to contact you ?

Back