1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Beckerhead Favorite Recipes

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by Xr6x, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Xr6x

Xr6x Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 17, 2015
    I just wing it most all the time. If anyone knows what they are doing . :)

2. Rebel Nimrod

Rebel Nimrod

Jan 23, 2014
    I like using his recipe for Becker Burgers, tasty!

3. tanglediver

tanglediver Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 2, 2013
    I used to be on a quest for the perfect breakfast sandwich. I made some good ones, but never perfect.

4. Xr6x

Sep 17, 2015
    :p:p:p:p This is funny here we have 3 of us waiting for someone to give use a good recipe :p:)

5. zzyzzogeton

zzyzzogeton

Feb 17, 2013
    Spicy Okra Chips w Mexican Seasoned Salt

Ingredients

· 2 lbs okra*, sliced length-wise or into discs
    · ¼ cup olive oil
    · Seasoned Salt*
    · 2 tablespoons kosher salt
    · ¼ teaspoon chili powder
    · ½ teaspoon cumin
    · ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
    · ½ teaspoon ground coriander
    · ½ teaspoon dried oregano
    · a pinch serrano powder (*possible subs- red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper or dried jalapeno powder)

· Left over salt mix can be kept in a sealed contain and added to the next batch.

Instructions
    1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
    2. Toss sliced okra with olive oil to coat well. Sprinkle with homemade seasoned salt; taste and add more salt as necessary. I lay out the okra on the cookie sheet and sprinkle the mixture over each piece.

3. Divide okra between 2 baking sheets. Roast for 8-12 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown.
    ---- The time is variable by oven. Watch the okra carefully the first few times until you learn how your oven will work.

Other options are to lower the temperature to 450ºF or 475ºF and change the times to suit.

You can also make the seasoning salt mixture with any combination you wish. The simplest is just salt and pepper. Really, just mix and match until you hit on YOUR preferred mixture.

I personally prefer to use fresh okra, but that is not always available for most folks. And since okra doesn't grow well even here in Texas from late October to April, I freeze several bags for winter use. Sometime, frozen okra discs can be found in the frozen foods section of your grocery store.

Xr6x likes this.
  6. zzyzzogeton

zzyzzogeton

Feb 17, 2013
    Crock Pot Chili

Ingredients:

4 pounds of ground beef
    2 teaspoons of minced garlic OR 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 Tablespoon Cumin
    3 to 4 Tablespoons Chili Powder
    1/3 cup flour
    2 teaspoons salt
    ½ teaspoon pepper
    1 46 Ounce can of tomato juice

1. Pre-heat pan on electric or gas range-top at Medium heat for 2 minutes. Saute meat, 1 pound at a time, with garlic until redness in meat disappears. Transfer each batch to the crock pot as you get it browned.

2. To meat, add cumin, chili powder, flour, salt and pepper. Stir to combine evenly. Add tomato juice and stir.

3. Cover and place on electric base. Bring to a boil at setting #5, about 1 hour. Reduce to setting $3 and simmer for about 4 hours. Keep warm for serving at setting #3. Serve hot with or without pinto beans ON THE SIDE (if desired.). For TRUE Texas chili, beans are NEVER, EVER IN THE BOWLS OF RED!!!!!! Remaining chili may be frozen and used at another time.

*** This is based on MY crock pot that is older and has 5 settings. If your crock pot has only a LOW/HIGH or LOW/MED/HIGH, well experiment.:eek::eek:

4. Makes 12 to 16 servings. Now, how many PORTIONS you get out of it depends on the size of your bowls.:rolleyes::D

Xr6x likes this.
  7. GSO1962

GSO1962

Nov 16, 2013
    This is the long version. I can make a separate thread if you want and edit this to just have the short version...

Butter Paneer Masala

[​IMG]

First, obtain a dairy goat (or several).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then milk her.

[​IMG]

If she won't give milk, introduce her to a buck and wait about 5 months. After she gives birth, start collecting milk after 2 or 3 weeks.

[​IMG]

Once you have the milk, put it in a stainless steel saucepan and heat to about 185 degrees. Maintain that temperature for 10 minutes, then stir in 1/4 cup of white per gallon of milk. I usually do 1 gallon batches, by the way. You can use cow milk (they do in India) and can use cider vinegar or lemon juice as the acid. For me, the white vinegar leaves a cleaner ("milky") taste. After a couple minutes, you should see small white curds floating in the liquid whey, which will have a somewhat greenish hue by this time. Strain the curds out using a cheesecloth lined colander. You can use a cheese mold to form it, or just leave it in a ball. Refrigerate and use within a few weeks, or freeze it for use later.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once you have the paneer, the rest of the recipe is as follows:

Ingredients:

8 oz paneer

28 oz. tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes

2 tsp dried onions

5 tsp curry powder

2 tblsp honey

6 oz frozen peas

1 oz crushed cashews

½ cup Greek yogurt

cilantro to taste

Procedure:

1. Cut the paneer into bit sized cubes or sticks. Sauté in olive oil until brown and crispy. Set aside while preparing the sauce.

2. In a saucepan or large skillet, heat tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes to a simmer and then add onions, curry powder and honey. Simmer for 10 minutes or so, then add frozen peas and cook until the peas are done.

3. Stir in crushed cashews and yogurt.

4. Add paneer to the pan and stir gently until mixed.

5. Garnish with cilantro to taste.

6. Serve over rice or with naan (flatbread).

Notes:

Paneer is sometimes spelled panir. Queso blanco is essentially the same cheese. Both have a very high melting point and can be pan fried until brown and crispy without melting.

For the curry, I use 2 tsp garam masala, 2 tsp sweet yellow, 1 tsp tandoori from The Spice House. It is a good source of mail order spices since Bill Penzey “went off the rails”… Spice House is run by his sister and uses many of the same blends, without all the political blather that Penzey's lays on customers.

Aikiguy, Xr6x and tanglediver like this.
  8. Xr6x

Sep 17, 2015
    This is something I don't think I have ever had and sounds delicious :) looks like your Goats sure have a nice place.

9. Aikiguy

Aikiguy

Aug 28, 2013
    Damn GSO, that looks delish, but man that’s an expensive dinner. Plus where the hell am I gonna keep those goats without city bylaw getting involved...

10. GSO1962

GSO1962

Nov 16, 2013
    I hadn't either. Found the cheese recipe on Fias Co Farm website and then went Googling for recipes. I developed this one based on 3 or 4 different ones. I'm a big meat eater, but this is a really good vegetarian dish. Although I confess, there was bacon grease left in the skillet when I made the first batch so I fried the paneer in that... But I used Glen Muir organic crushed tomatoes, so that made it more healthy!

I should also note that you can use store bought milk as long as it's not ultra-pasteurized. Plus you can find paneer in some Asian groceries and queso blanco (NOT queso fresco, although they look similar) in Mexican stores.

Xr6x likes this.