Beckerheads’ Thanksgiving

GeofS

“Nostra-bladus”
Gold Member
Greetings Beckerheads and future Beckerheads,

Thursday is Thanksgiving, one of my favorite holidays. :)

Because of circumstances (namely sick relatives) this year will be different in that I am not cooking for a legion but only for my wife, kid, and me. I still intend on making this special. :thumbsup:

I’m wondering what do you guys make and/or enjoy on this holiday?

I have a lot to give thanks for and my goal for the day is to make it one of reminiscing, merriment, and relaxation. I’m cooking by myself and intend to have fun with it. :thumbsup:

The fireplace will be going strong. On the tv, I’ll be streaming the old black and white: March of the Wooden Soldiers, King Kong, Son of Kong, and Mighty Joe Young (all were staples of my childhood). The beverage of the day will be fresh apple cider mixed with Maker’s with a splash of cinnamon.

Here’s the menu:
Smoked turkey breast
Smoked beef ribs
Smoked boneless pork ribs
Meat stuffing
Roasted potatoes with chorizo
Brussel sprouts with pancetta
String beans with bacon
Crescent rolls
Pumpkin pie brownies

Beckerheads, what are your plans for Thanksgiving? :)

Having only my mom, and step daughter over. Thanksgiving to me, includes of course, turkey, but I have to have apples Waldorf, which we always just called apple salad, mashed taters, and pumpkin pie. Beyond that, I really don't care, as long as I get the aforementioned items. :thumbsup: Probably be using the wife's BK15 to do the turkey honors.

Sounds perfect, Dubz. :thumbsup:
I hear that. I'm already thankful that there's gonna be a small crowd this year. There's usually about 17 that show up, our biggest year we had 42. Never do that again.

Happy Thanksgiving friends.

Wednesday will be when my family gets together to celebrate and eat. The food is traditional turkey, ham, all the usual sides.

Thanksgiving day we hired a photographer to take family photos at different locations. Afterwards, my wife participates in a Hawaiian Independence Day food booth event.

Friday we work, then I play a gig that evening for a local family reunion.

I hope you all have a safe and enjoyable holiday with family and friends.

Happy Thanksgiving friends.

Wednesday will be when my family gets together to celebrate and eat. The food is traditional turkey, ham, all the usual sides.

Thanksgiving day we hired a photographer to take family photos at different locations. Afterwards, my wife participates in a Hawaiian Independence Day food booth event.

Friday we work, then I play a gig that evening for a local family reunion.

I hope you all have a safe and enjoyable holiday with family and friends.
Enjoy the day with your family, brother. :thumbsup:

Greetings Beckerheads and future Beckerheads,

Thursday is Thanksgiving, one of my favorite holidays. :)

Because of circumstances (namely sick relatives) this year will be different in that I am not cooking for a legion but only for my wife, kid, and me. I still intend on making this special. :thumbsup:

I’m wondering what do you guys make and/or enjoy on this holiday?

I have a lot to give thanks for and my goal for the day is to make it one of reminiscing, merriment, and relaxation. I’m cooking by myself and intend to have fun with it. :thumbsup:

The fireplace will be going strong. On the tv, I’ll be streaming the old black and white: March of the Wooden Soldiers, King Kong, Son of Kong, and Mighty Joe Young (all were staples of my childhood). The beverage of the day will be fresh apple cider mixed with Maker’s with a splash of cinnamon.

Here’s the menu:
Smoked turkey breast
Smoked beef ribs
Smoked boneless pork ribs
Meat stuffing
Roasted potatoes with chorizo
Brussel sprouts with pancetta
String beans with bacon
Crescent rolls
Pumpkin pie brownies

Beckerheads, what are your plans for Thanksgiving? :)

Can I come eat?! Haha
Sounds awesome man!

My wife and I always go to her parents house. Usual fare plus hamballs.
What are hamballs you ask?...
Mmmmm... hamballs....

Ground ham and pork sausage, seasonings... I wish I knew the recipe to these wonderful treats! Topped off with a cherry glaze. My favorite part of Thanksgiving.

I read the posts and almost didn't share as to not damped anyone's day ... but it's important to let people in to heal so I went ahead ...

We had planned on a bit bigger get together this Thanksgiving ... I wanted to make it special for my mom and Amber after we lost her mom last year around the holidays ... and dad last year also ...

but the closer it came ... they wanted to keep it small and Amber wants to learn to cook a Turkey and all her mom's favorites (which might be her's too :)) ... so I'm cooking for us 3 (with my new assistant) ... and mom wants to teach her to make our homemade pies ... crust and all ...

so it will be a fun day and a day to be thankful for the blessings we do have and the time shared with people we love and miss.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Can I come eat?! Haha
Sounds awesome man!

My wife and I always go to her parents house. Usual fare plus hamballs.
What are hamballs you ask?...
Mmmmm... hamballs....

Ground ham and pork sausage, seasonings... I wish I knew the recipe to these wonderful treats! Topped off with a cherry glaze. My favorite part of Thanksgiving.
You are very welcome to join in the merriment. And, hamballs sound awesome! :thumbsup:

I read the posts and almost didn't share as to not damped anyone's day ... but it's important to let people in to heal so I went ahead ...

We had planned on a bit bigger get together this Thanksgiving ... I wanted to make it special for my mom and Amber after we lost her mom last year around the holidays ... and dad last year also ...

but the closer it came ... they wanted to keep it small and Amber wants to learn to cook a Turkey and all her mom's favorites (which might be her's too :)) ... so I'm cooking for us 3 (with my new assistant) ... and mom wants to teach her to make our homemade pies ... crust and all ...

so it will be a fun day and a day to be thankful for the blessings we do have and the time shared with people we love and miss.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving.
I am so sorry about your losses this year. I hope your day is enjoyable and I hope next year is better. :)

I have to work.

I’m sure I’ll get leftovers. But my diet is limited these days. So it is definitely not the perfect Thanksgiving for me.

I am thankful for the many blessings in my life. So I really can’t complain.

I hope all the Beckerheads, and Beckerettes, and WeeBeckerheads have a great day.

Very Thankful to have some family over for Turkey with all the fixings and some Pork Back Ribs for a little change up this year :) Hope everyone has a Safe,Fun and Delicious Holiday! :D

There will be quite a crowd at the ranch tomorrow....Dinner will be the usual turkey and baked ham a slew of sides including garlic mashed potatoes, roasted Brussels Sprouts, corn bread stuffing,salad, cherry, pecan and pumpkin pies.... And a heaping serving of thanks....Thanks for living in the greatest country on this Earth of ours, Thanks for a Great son and his wonderful Wife, Thanks for Ancestors who were smart enough to come to America, Thanks for friends without whom life would be pretty empty.... I want to add that the people on this forum have made my life richer and happier sooooo, Thanks you you all!.... Eat, Be merry and be safe wherever you go and THANK YOU...Happy Thanksgiving!

ethan

There will be quite a crowd at the ranch tomorrow....Dinner will be the usual turkey and baked ham a slew of sides including garlic mashed potatoes, roasted Brussels Sprouts, corn bread stuffing,salad, cherry, pecan and pumpkin pies.... And a heaping serving of thanks....Thanks for living in the greatest country on this Earth of ours, Thanks for a Great son and his wonderful Wife, Thanks for Ancestors who were smart enough to come to America, Thanks for friends without whom life would be pretty empty.... I want to add that the people on this forum have made my life richer and happier sooooo, Thanks you you all!.... Eat, Be merry and be safe wherever you go and THANK YOU...Happy Thanksgiving!

ethan
Well said, Uncle E. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving. :)

ethan
You too Ethan, and thanks. Haven't had roasted Brussel Sprouts in quite some time, it sounds damn good. :thumbsup:

Back