Belts?

Discussion in 'SaddleBack Leather Company' started by floyd the barber, Mar 17, 2011.

1. floyd the barber

floyd the barber

Jan 10, 2006
    Any plans to make belts, specifically ccw (gun) belts?

I am going through the process of obtaining my ccw permit, which in my county can take up to a year, and I am going over the options for carrying concealed. I have read many times that a quality belt is the foundation for comfortable carry, and can be just as important as a good holster.

Since quality leather is your thing I was curious if you had considered making any belts in the near future.

2. Nathan Ihrke

Nathan Ihrke

Sep 28, 2008
    That's one of the things I looked for on their site. I think plain and ccw belts would both be awesome

3. Sonnemann

Sonnemann

Sep 21, 2010
    I believe it's one of the things in line for production. Info crops up from time to time on their Facebook page.

4. euroross

euroross Gold Member Gold Member

May 19, 2008
    Im down for one!

5. Saddleback Leather

Saddleback Leather

Aug 11, 2010
    Hey guys, Dave is in the process of testing the belts out. A little more time till they are ready for the public

6. sam.t

sam.t

Jan 28, 2010
    I will get a couple of these belts.

7. euroross

May 19, 2008
    How far out do you think the belts are?

8. SpyderTex

SpyderTex

Mar 17, 2010
    I'm definitely in for one. I am patiently waiting for my narrow wallet in tobacco and simple in coffee. Hopefully arriving today

9. tiguy7

tiguy7 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2008
    I like the Bison 30mm nylon men's belt with the T lock buckle. It is light, strong, low maintenance, and it doesn't set off the metal detector. I use them almost exclusively for concealed carry.

10. euroross

May 19, 2008
    This project still going?

11. bulgron

bulgron

May 19, 2005
    I picked up a decent belt at a gun show that I use for CCW and OC. There's lots of Mom and Pop outfits out there that make them. Of course, if SBL made a belt, I'm sure it would be bomb-proof, but one doesn't need to wait around for them to finally offer the product. Just head out to a decent sized gun show. I'm sure you'll find something there.

12. NevadaExplorer

NevadaExplorer

Apr 23, 2011
    I would love a Thick rustic belt.....

13. dcycleman

dcycleman Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 16, 2009
    me too. hey Dave hope ya make em

14. BRL

BRL

Apr 27, 2011
    Y'know, for the low low price of six hundred bucks, you can have not one but two Saddleback belts.

[​IMG]

That right there is one of the large briefcase straps on a US35 waist. A perfect fit, and I'm thinking it'd even go up to a 36. Give me a month and I might be there to let you know :rolleyes:

15. bulgron

bulgron

May 19, 2005
    A whole month?

Man, I can go 35 to 36 just by sniffing at a hamburger and a couple of sodas.

:D

Looks good, though. :thumbup:

16. BryanHarig

BryanHarig

Aug 13, 2004
    I would love a SBL belt to go with my wallet! Hope to hear more about this project soon!

17. floyd the barber

floyd the barber

Jan 10, 2006
    @saddlebackbags
    dave munson
    Everyone wants belts, including myself. So we're making them. It's a natural thing. Unnatural was spending $63,000 on Italian belt machines

this was posted on twitter on May 30.
    Sorry I have no other details.
    I suspect they could be a bit pricey if they have a new $63,000 machine to pay for!

18. BRL

BRL

Apr 27, 2011
    good catch, man!

19. A.D.D.i.c.t.

A.D.D.i.c.t.

Jul 3, 2011
    Impossible! no posts about the pre release of the belts? They are glorious!

20. Sonnemann

Sonnemann

Sep 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2011