Benchmade #120 Delta Raider Fixed Blade

Another member has one of these, and I am considering adding it to my BM collection. From the description it sounds like a really nice knife. Was this made back in Benchmade's G-2 days or is it ATS-34 ? Any idea what is the blade thickness ? Anyone have experience with this knife. Look forward to hearing your responses, thanks.

Dark Nemesis

------------------
All of God's Critters may have knives, but most of them are stamped with the name BENCHMADE

I had one of those, but never actually used it. It had an ugly kraton handle, full of mould marks, but otherwise it was a pretty overall design. I sent it to a friend from São Paulo about three years ago and last time I heard of it it was his son´s daily use working knife, and he was very satisfied with it.
If the price is good, get it. it will only add to your Benchmade collection.
Best regards

Ivan

P.S.: Another Benchmade fan here, I think

Good luck on finding a Delta Raider. They have been discontinued for a long time now. I sold my last one over a year ago. If I remember right, the blade was G2 and about 1/8th or maybe 3/16ths of an inch thick. It was a nice knife but didn't sell too well so it went the way of all slow movers.

Dennis

------------------
Isn't it amazing how 2 cents worth of opinion takes up a quarter's worth of paper???

Please excuse the crayon. They won't let us have anything sharp in here.
wrightknife@ixpres.com

That's it! The Delta Raider! I was trying to remember the name of this knife in the Kuma Zume for sale thread. I actually think this knife is in Sandvik, 12C27. I have a friend who owns one, so I'll try to check. Very pretty, very curvy knife, though the Kraton handle is kinda a letdown. I had to but an Alley Kat just to compete!

Have a Samson Axe yet?

------------------

-Corduroy
(Why else would a bear want a pocket?)

Well Gentlemen I just happened to have found myself a Delta Raider
smile.gif
!! I am waiting to see if I can afford it from the person.

Corduroy, I dont have an axe yet, but will start to look into it. I decided that I better start with the older models first while I can still get them. Don't want to wait to long to finish my 970 & 975 series collection, people are starting to grab them up when they are available
smile.gif

Dark Nemesis

------------------
All of God's Critters may have knives, but most of them are stamped with the name BENCHMADE

I think Corduroy was refering to an axe designed by Jody samson using the same handle of the Delta Raider or one very similar, wich has also been discontinued, not the Axis lock folder.

Ivan

Hi guys, if i remember the blade of the delta raider is of 7" hi-carbon stainless steel and about 10" overall, weighing around 10oz. Pretty much have seen some of it for sale at around $70. I like the S-curve design of the blade. Too bad BM doesn't make fixed blade anymore.

Rommel

Rommel, aren't you forgetting the Nimravus and its little brother?

phantom4

------------------
who dares, wins

Just checked with my buddy who owns a Delta Raider. The blade is in Sandvik, 12C27. It's very stain resistant and reasonably good in edge-holding - initially designed for razors. In my experience I prefer it lightly over 440C and AUS-8, but it's in that range.

Yes, the Samson axe is an old, discontinued Benchmade that used the same handle as the Delta Raider. Never were very many of them. Weird. Scary.

------------------

-Corduroy
(Why else would a bear want a pocket?)

[This message has been edited by Corduroy (edited 03 June 1999).]

phantom4, oh yeah ur right. It's just that it's been awhile that I see any fixed blade w/ BM logo on sale.

Back