• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Benchmade Ritter Griptilian, Spyderco Caly 3.5 CF

Benchmade Large Ritter Grip
Was an EDC for a while and a fantastic knife. Blade is S30v, maintained on a Sharpmaker, and is in good shape - no chips, rolls, etc.

Handle had a stripped screw that I had to grind a flat into with a dremel to remove with a flathead. This cut into the handles some as shown in the pictures. Scales are cheap and the screw is probably free from BM, but it never bothered me enough to mess with it.

The handle also has the rear jimping that goes into your palm sanded smooth. It was sharp and irritated my hand every time I reached into the pocket the knife was in.

This is a solid user and is discontinued. I have kept it around because they are hard to replace, but it's just been in a drawer, so I'd rather get a bit of cash for it. Includes box.

$85 shipped CONUS. No trades. SOLD

27725221609_b4e67968f5_c.jpg

38605922175_b899b7d95c_c.jpg

Spyderco Caly 3.5 Carbon Fiber/ZDP189

Awesome knife, been carried here and there as a gentleman's knife. Still sharp on its factory edge. Clip is flame darkened and blends well with jeans or dark slacks. Just don't carry it enough to justify keeping. Very clean example of a great knife, maybe the most ergonomic Spyderco I've owned, and that list is pretty long. Includes box.

$140 shipped CONUS. No trades.

25631572988_2d361b6698_c.jpg

24634298687_8b4bbd6efc_c.jpg

Last edited:
What makes the Ritters so popular, the stonewashed blade? Is there another difference?

I like the blade shape. IMO for some reason they do take a better edge. I have a m390 ritter a s30v ritter and a 20cv regular. The Ritters sharpen a little better.

Back