best edc small fixed blade

which is the best edc fixed come tactical blade out there ? which steel? kydex,leather or plastic? thoughts?

Not sure what your particular wants or needs are , but I can tell you what I chose and why . I looked at many neck knives and small fixed blades to replace my folder as my EDC . My particular criteria was that it be as big as possible to be comfortable in the hand while being light and importantly "short" enough to fit "inside" my pocket with a clip , like a folder . It seems the average jeans pocket is about 7" deep , so I chose the Esee Izula because it's 6 3/4" allowing for some sheath room without having much of the handle sticking out of my pocket . Also the Rowen heat treat of 1095 is about as good as it gets and Esee's lifetime warranty made it the perfect choise (for me) . If you are not restricted by size the Esee Izula II with a longer handle is a great knife . I hope this helps , at least some .

I didnt know how capital letter could affected you so deeply I apologize do you edit the forum or just annoy people in general?

ok american english versus english english here a fixed blade that can be used as a tactical blade that is an edc blade!

If by "tactical" you mean self-defense....any blade can be used as a self-defense blade. But I'm not sure what you mean by "tactical."

Let's please get back to the OP's questions and provide a straightforward answer for him if you have one. We'll leave the civics lesson for either private discussion or another sub-forum.

Maybe this is a better question: "How much "tactical" do you need/want?" If you are looking for a edc fixed blade that is used for general utility 99.99% of the time and could be used for SD....that is a different creature than a dedicated SD/"put a hurt on" blade that might be used for general utility.

Come on guys, take the opportunity to educate the guy and not drive him off.

Tactical is a buzzword in the knife industry. It's kind of laughed at by anyone who really uses knives and espeically those that train with them. A tactical knife is usually used to mean that it'll look really cool when you show it to your friends, but the steel is crap.

That said, you want to look for either a neck knife or combat knife. When you say small, you need to let us know what small is to you. For purposes of my recommendation, I'm guessing 3" or under for the blade length.

Personally, I really like the Becker BK14 / BK11 / ESEE Izula. The bonus on the BK11 is that you could call it a tactical knife and beverage entry tool. ;) They're made from decent quality steel, their solid as can be, and if you don't like the bare handle you can wrap them or upgrade to scales from any number of vendors.

If you want something more extreme looking, check out CRKT's kneck knives. They've got a bunch of designs that might suit your fancy.

Although it may not be a top choice in Self Defense/Tactical category you may want to check out Anza knives.

Firstly I went to an English school Im just way to lazy to punctuate edit or even try spell.Im South African currently living in Israel typing on a computer that is army issue in hebrew.Im not looking for conflict If you want conflict I invite you to come here you will find it ,hell Ill school you in it.When I use words like tactical Im trying to blend in to the american terms I am not a layman when it comes to knives I am just asking for opinion hearing some new ideas seeing what you guys think,your energy would be better spent giving you ideas as to what knives you like rather than editing me ,because at the end of the day you come across as the ......... anyway I just got a bk14 no jimping ill have to cut some .

Firstly I went to an English school Im just way to lazy to punctuate edit or even try spell.Im South African currently living in Israel typing on a computer that is army issue in hebrew.Im not looking for conflict If you want conflict I invite you to come here you will find it ,hell Ill school you in it.When I use words like tactical Im trying to blend in to the american terms I am not a layman when it comes to knives I am just asking for opinion hearing some new ideas seeing what you guys think,your energy would be better spent giving you ideas as to what knives you like rather than editing me ,because at the end of the day you come across as the ......... anyway I just got a bk14 no jimping ill have to cut some .
If you're not looking for a conflict then don't provoke one. He asked you a valid question. Do you want a tactical knife that can be used in a pinch for utility work or the other way around? For instance I would not suggest a kerambit for utility work and I wouldn't recomend an AG Russell woodswalker for self defense. In order to give good advice, a little info on the intended use of the knife is required. As far as I can tell he's trying to help. Your the one coming across as the.....

Next off-topic post or personal attack will result in infractions, not warnings. Let's try to conduct ourselves here like adults or move away from the keyboard.

Back