1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Best Iron Mistress type Bowie

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by blusk, Sep 6, 2017.

1. blusk

blusk

May 13, 2012
    Hi

I have the itch to get a very large and menacing custom Bowie of a style similar to the "Iron Mistress".

In terms of size I'm wanting length at least 11inches, width 2.5-3.0in, thickness 3/8in

Options I've considered would be the "Iron Mistress" by Steve Voorhis or Hibben, the Smithsonian by Randall, or the King Kong by Carter. Any insight into these blades and/or other similar blades would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Bryan

2. blusk

blusk

May 13, 2012
    Addendum: I likely will never have to use such a blade but see it more as an impressive piece to own and/or defensive type of weapon, where someone who might otherwise see easy prey would go "oh s#!$, never mind". I would like to be able to carry it in either a shoulder or Dundee style back rig for easier carry and concealment.