Big Announcement ............Opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Georgecatl

Gold Member
Jerry just made his latest announcement........our new Wednesday tradition. He has taken the humdrum midweek humpday and made it into an anticipated highpoint for Busse aficionados.

I wanted to start a separate thread because I was appalled at how many people were dumping on the Bossman's thread.
Did you read the Title? "Busse Combat Is Proud To Introduce"
Did you read the pride in Jerry's description of how he first developed this blade?
It's his Baby.............they are ALL his babies

Any Fathers out there? When you announced your first born and you showed those newborn photos............How many comments did you get about how ugly your baby was.
Appreciated..............I doubt it.

WTF.................it's not for everyone........I get it. It is going to sell out regardless of your opinion.
If your blade hasn't come up............There are more Wednesdays to look forward to.
I haven't purchased every blade and I do not dump on the blades I choose not to purchase.

There are plenty of threads where you can express your desires for upcoming blade releases, but for God sake please don't throw a wet blanket on the MAN's enthusiasm......JERRY'S ON FIRE!!! Keep Them Coming :D

I agree completely. I'm thankful to have the chance to buy these knives that are coming with operation two weeks and the Battle Grades. When something isn't for me I simply don't order it and move.on.

zmbhntr

̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿''̿ ̿
Well said George. I happen to love the WTF.

The WTF is not for everybody, nor is it intended to be. Everybody is of course entitled to their own opinion, and we all have right of free speech. I don't have a problem with people saying that the knife is not for them, but this is the Busse forum and people should be respectful of that.

This one won't be for me, but that's merely a case of economics over preference. I can't buy em all. But that being said, the knife world is one of follow the leader. Everybody copies everyone else's successful designs ad nauseam.

Occasionally, someone comes up with something completely new... This isn't an easy task given the amount of makers out there nowadays. It takes vision and courage to do so. Jerry Busse has it. We all benefit from it. I appreciate the hell out of it! :thumbup:

Busse Combat defines an entire genre of knives... "hard use"... Keep up the great work Bossman!

Lets drink!

Was going to say the same. Some very disrespectful so called hogs. People that Jerry has let into his shop. Cry babies that if they can't have their boring 13 they want nothing at all. Don't like what coming out/was wanting something else, buy some materials and make your own f#{king knives instead of sh!ting all over what you personally don't like the shop offering this week. Disrespectful.

I think the WTF is a usable unique design. Is it a carry everywhere design?, no. Could be though if your man enough;)

Like new designs coming out and much appreciate the BG's.

Need more funds to keep up. Still want to get some Infi.

I get people getting passionate about a knife they've started a wish-thread about,, look at the massive B8 thread, 6K replies, and it's STILL going strong on page one!!! (Thanks Will, Rag, Stump, Tom, and many others:D)

That being said, this forum is about Busse knives and the models that they release.

We keep it pretty positive and free of drama here,, let's keep it that way fellow hogs and piggies.

In the words of someone much smarter than myself, and definitely more buzzed,,

LETS DRINK!

Last edited:
Totally agree. People complain when there are no new blades being released and when there are new blades being released. How hard is it to wait a week for something else? Keep bringing them Jerry!

Well said, George.

We are a funny, fickle bunch. We appreciate the Busse crew's vision and craftsmanship but at the same time our inner child wants those talents directed to what WE WANT!!! I'm sure I've added to the negativity from time to time, complaining about delivery times and what not. I also realize that I could be locked in a room with some steel and a forge for 100 years and never come up with something like the War Train. I remember back in the day when I was prowling Columbus gun shows with no money in my pocket and Busse would have a display set up. They were unlike anything I had seen and I would think, "someday........". Well, now is someday. I don't need it and I'll likely never use it but Cat Stevens can have the peace train, I just ordered an effing infi War Train Fusion, baby. I'm really conflicted on the handles, I went with tan/black but may change that to something else.

willic

Gold Member
Thank you, George for this thread! I agree completely! This is Jerry's forum, it's his home, if you have negative comments, say it direct to someone whether it's a direct complaint to the company via email or to a friend one on one. Why would anyone make negative posts in a man's forum or his home? Respect, class, decency. I was really upset with the tone of the thread about wait times, I'm so glad that was shut down. I'm here for the fun, the enjoyment, the positive energy. This man makes some awesome profiles and executes them well. There are so many Busse profiles, too many varying styles for everyone to like all of them. I order the ones I like and can afford and make a quest for the older productions I want. There are some that are not for me, but I respect them and hold them in high regard. Anyway, blah, blah, blah... Thank you, Jerry Busse for what you do! Let's chop, I mean, let's Drink!

-Will

Last edited:
Well said. I'm sure Jerry has gotten use to people like that. They're all over the Internet. They're like plagues on gun forums. Silence is bliss. Who cares why you don't want it or what you would change. Like you said nothing wrong with asking for something different but don't ask on a new blade intro.

Well said. Nobody is forcing you to buy one, don't like it, wait til next week and see what the Boss comes up with. No need to rain your negativity on the rest of the party. I don't think there has ever been a better time to be a piglet, so many blades I am having to rethink longer term storage requirements.

zmbhntr

̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿''̿ ̿
By the way George, since you are local I expect to see the the WTF on your hip at Blade this year!

TheMtnMan

Gold Member
I Love WTF, and will do what i can to get 1,
And the BG version is great, for those who want to shell out less.
Thanks Boss

My opinion on the matter is; not enough people have a filter when it comes to sharing their opinion.

I will add this much to the discussion. This is not the first offer that has met critique in the introduction thread. There have been disapproving comments about blade finishes, steel options on most of the two week offerings by now.

Shun the Non-believers!
WTF is AWESOME!

They're just scared because no other knife company has exuded so much class and badassness.
Not like i need one, but when the space cows come down, those who do will be ready.

David Brown

Kydex Sheath and Holster Artist :)
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Jerry just made his latest announcement........our new Wednesday tradition. He has taken the humdrum midweek humpday and made it into an anticipated highpoint for Busse aficionados.

I wanted to start a separate thread because I was appalled at how many people were dumping on the Bossman's thread.
Did you read the Title? "Busse Combat Is Proud To Introduce"
Did you read the pride in Jerry's description of how he first developed this blade?
It's his Baby.............they are ALL his babies

Any Fathers out there? When you announced your first born and you showed those newborn photos............How many comments did you get about how ugly your baby was.
Appreciated..............I doubt it.

WTF.................it's not for everyone........I get it. It is going to sell out regardless of your opinion.
If your blade hasn't come up............There are more Wednesdays to look forward to.
I haven't purchased every blade and I do not dump on the blades I choose not to purchase.

There are plenty of threads where you can express your desires for upcoming blade releases, but for God sake please don't throw a wet blanket on the MAN's enthusiasm......JERRY'S ON FIRE!!! Keep Them Coming :D

Thank you for that, I really mean it Thank you.
I have thought about posting "if you do not have something nice to say" but it effects my business.

Thank you again George.

As a thank you for you doing good and being positive
I want to give you a free sheath :)

Send me a list of what you need and I will pick one that is made ready to ship and it is yours

Status
Not open for further replies.