Big problem with new Manix

Ghost Soldier

BANNED
Just purchased a new Manix via the net. It arrived yesterday and has many many problems. I tried to return it but with no avail. The rear handle screws are stripped out and the scale rattles against the frame. The lock also doesn't hold firm. It closes with very little pressure. The lock itself is very stiff and hard to push. Is there anything Spyderco can do about this or am I basically screwed? The knife doesn't have any signs of being tampered with per se (scratches, etc.) Maybe I just got a lemon?

Sounds like you got a lemon. I'm not sure what you mean when you say that you weren't able to return the knife. Did you contact the company that sold it to you? In any case, you should know that Spyderco has an excellent reputation for customer service. If you're not able to get satisfaction from your seller, try contacting Spyderco directly.

On an off topic note, with regard to your location, I grew up in Gettysburg. It's good to see someone here from my hometown. Welcome to BF.

Ghost Soldier said:
Is there anything Spyderco can do about this or am I basically screwed?

Send it back to Spyderco. The bottom of the box your new Manix came in contains all the contact info. No need to worry, their customer service is excellent!!

David

Nathan,

Thanks! I bought this piece on Ebay unfortunatly. I addressed the problems with the seller right after I inspected the piece. He\she\they were less than receptive to say the least and the e-mails became quickly abusive on their end, saying that I didn't like the knife, broke it, and now wanted to get my money back, etc,etc,etc. I tried screwing the handle screws back into the frame but they won't hold, I'm guessing they are stripped out or broken. The only Spyderco's I've had before this were basic Endura's and Delica's, which I've never had any problems with whatsoever. I'm going to contact Spyderco and hope they can fix it, I'm not sure how their warranty works in a situation like this though. Either way, I really do like the Manix design.

Leave that ebay seller some negative feedback to warn all the rest of us.

Send it in to Spyderco to evaluate. They will fix it up or replace it for you I'm sure.

STR

Hi Ghost soldier,

I think I can assure you that it did not leave ther factory as you describe.

We can take a look at it.

sal

See, this IS customer service! I will always give Sal and Spyderco a big :thumbup: for their willingness to go beyond normal means!

Back