Birthday knife recs

Hey guys. So I'm turning 20 in 2 weeks and i asked my parents for an emerson. They know nothing about knives and I'm tired of telling them exactly what i want for my birthday, i like surprises. So what I'm going to do is start this thread and not read it. Instead I'm going to give a link to my parents. It would be great if you guys could give them recs on which one to get me. I would prefer a 3+ inch blade but thats not completely necessary. I also hate sedations. Thanks for your input in advance and ill make sure to post which one they get me. Also, i love waves so a waved model is preferred.

I love sedations, especially on a long flight!! lol j/k can't go wrong with a BULLDOG or MINI CQC-15!

I recommend a thesaurus and a dictionary. Sedations are great when you are having surgery, other than that, no so much!
The Patriot is a big knife that is smooth. The 10 has a great utility blade. Can't go wrong w a Commander. The 7 is iconic. Which ones have you handled? Which ones call your name?

I would recommend the Endeavor which is still available through Emerson knives directly. It has a sub 3.5" blade in their beautiful stonewash finish with a plain cutting edge without the serrations (teeth). The handle is like the mini commander which is quite ergonomic and comfortable.

Patriot would be my suggestion (I have two and absolutely love them).

I like the grip on the Patriot so much that I never carry any of my Commanders anymore.

~John

PS: I love sedation as much as anybody, but I would rather not be sedated when using a knife....LOL

How about giving your son an Emerson gift card that can be any amount over $25.00, he can pick what he wants, if he is short on the total, he can save for the difference.

Kind like when I was a yound boy. My mother use to say she would spend x for school shoes, if I wanted more than the Sears Roebucks Brand I could make up the difference out of my savings.

I love sedations, especially on a long flight!! lol j/k can't go wrong with a BULLDOG or MINI CQC-15!

I second this one. Sedations can be very cool. Especially if Jennifer Aniston was my dentist, like in Horrible Bosses

Go with a Commander or cQC-15 or a CQC-10.

I highly recommend the cqc13, can't go wrong with a american Bowie!:thumbup:

15, mini-15, 8, Horseman, 10, 7, they're all great, and I'm sure you'll love any of them. Good deals come up on the exchange pretty often.

Back