BK-17 Ordered

Well I was just ordering a molle back for my ESEE-4 when I noticed this good looking clip point knife from Becker. The price was right and included a sheath and 2 sets of scales. It will be interesting to compare the ESEE with the Becker.

Awesome. I love that knife. Congrats. The 17 was the inspiration for my clipped BK2 in my sig. A few photos to hold you over:

360.png

247.png

Last edited:
Well I was just ordering a molle back for my ESEE-4 when I noticed this good looking clip point knife from Becker. The price was right and included a sheath and 2 sets of scales. It will be interesting to compare the ESEE with the Becker.

IMHO, the BK-17 is the best factory full tang Clip point belt sized knife design of the last 40 years.

Pure genius.

Congrats! It looks like a fantastic knife. If I can, it'll be headed my way next week.

I love mine HD, and I think you will too.

Good to see you over here in the BKT Arena.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts, I've always held them in high regards.

Moose

I will do a comparison over on Randall Adventure forum. It looks like these Beckers are very competitive and priced well. I sold off all my old Camillus Becker collection last year. The little Becker speaks to me. I think that for the money, the Becker may be the better value, but we shall see. I'd do the comparison on this forum.....but it might get moved.

I love comparison threads. Looking forward to it.

I'll give it my best with pics and typical field use. Thought about including the SOG Seal Pup just for fun.

The BK17 is quickly becoming my "go-to" belt knife. It is comfortable, durable and darn good-looking. I also find the handle easier to use for extended work than the ESEE4, even with the longer G10 scales. Looking forward to your comparison.

The BK17 is quickly becoming my "go-to" belt knife. It is comfortable, durable and darn good-looking. I also find the handle easier to use for extended work than the ESEE4, even with the longer G10 scales. Looking forward to your comparison.

That's encouraging, sash. Beckers have always been good values for the money. Some on the ESEE forum praise Rowen's heat treat, but I find it hard to believe that a company as large as Ka-Bar doesn't do as well. I will not be doing destruction testing, just normal use.

Last edited:
I'll give it my best with pics and typical field use. Thought about including the SOG Seal Pup just for fun.

Please do! Of course, I'm secretly hoping the SOG doesn't do well, because then I can cross it off my list, but it seems to be tempting me more and more lately.

I have used SOG knives for years. The SEAL Pup Elite has served me well. I know some don't care for stainless steel, but it has its advantages here on the coast. I think its a worthy competitor. Even those plastic handled Mora 2000 knives are more rugged than they look. The proof is in the using.

I have used SOG knives for years. The SEAL Pup Elite has served me well. I know some don't care for stainless steel, but it has its advantages here on the coast. I think its a worthy competitor. Even those plastic handled Mora 2000 knives are more rugged than they look. The proof is in the use.

FTFY. Now it's more catchy/snarky.

I honestly can't wait to see the side by side by side by side comparison of these knives! I don't mind stainless as long as it's of the higher carbon variety, but if it works, it works! And being that I live on a swamp, stainless is probably a good thing. Now, if you don't like that 17, send it to me for a proper burial ceremony (after my great grand kids finish using it), I'll make sure it's taken care of properly.

Even those plastic handled Mora 2000 knives are more rugged than they look. The proof is in the using.

I agree about those Moras.. My Favorite primary Ultralight camp knife are the new Mora Companions (the improved Clippers with the longer blade tang). The Handle Ergos are better than most fixed blade knives at any price and they are tough for their weight.

I have been beating on one of the Stainbless/orange versions for a few months and it just grins back at me..Pretty amazing little knives for $12

Awesome! Glad to see you out and about Vic! Looking forward to your write up

Here's some more sexy sexy BK17 pron!
6f29c7a9.jpg

86e4f6f0.jpg

Dang it! Jroden, you know what happens every time I see that!

:barf:

Congrats Horndog....The 17 is the only tweener I don't have yet...I will probably get the wife to get me one for Fathers Day...looks so nice..

Awesome! Glad to see you out and about Vic! Looking forward to your write up

Here's some more sexy sexy BK17 pron!
6f29c7a9.jpg

86e4f6f0.jpg

That's pretty Becker. Got my shipping notice today. Blew up my lawn tractor today. You'd think a Craftsman 14.5 hp mower would last more than 12 years mowing 3 acres. Everything I have is old like me.

Back