BK14 Scales are awesome and new Kydex pants to fit them....... Giveaway!

Winner Winner Kydex Dinner!!!

Congratulations to CCMI! pm sent.

Thanks to everyone for participating!

The "numbers" are off with double post and atleast one "not-in" so I'll just write the names down deleting doubles and enter that into Random.org.

So..... feel free to chat... I'm tired of updating this post and it looks weird if you don't read the question, comment with it... thanks for the participation and all the kind words!

Howdy,

I've been really busy so I haven't posted much here.... and I'm more than late on a "Giveaway" so here it goes.

First of all I got the new scales in for my BK14 and what a world of difference it's made, it's like a brand new knife. I've always liked the BK14 and to be honest I consider it and the BK9 to be the best of the whole lineup (past, present & future) but now with the scales on it's a deadly duo for sure.

I like treating little knives with the full treatment just like their larger counterparts so once the scales were on it was time to make a proper sheath for the BK14 (and BK11) I haven't seen them "incorporated" but this is how I like making them.

Rules: Don't have to be a Beckerhead and you just need to have more than 3 post in the BK&T Forum to enter.

Prize: A new Kydex sheath for your BK14 (or 11).

How to enter: Just post.... if you have a critique I'd love to hear it and in general you could just post "I'm in".

I'll leave this up through the weekend, have at it.

I actually sent my BK14 out to a customer..... still in the sheath! So this ones shiny and new and I'm just now getting back to making sheaths for them. Started out with a little pancake sheath and I think mine will be carried this way with the right scale black and the left scale orange, this way it'll still be highly visible if I leave it out but I like the way the black looks against the orange front.

BK14 Pancake Sheath:

DSC04500-1.jpg

DSC04499-1.jpg

BK14 Taco Sheaths:

I really like this setup all "blacked out".

DSC04522-1.jpg

DSC04521-1.jpg

DSC04523-1.jpg

I was thinking CaptainAyrica would like this one:

DSC04538-1.jpg

I already make one of the smallest Kydex sheaths for these knives but I decided to add this to my "Operation Micro" sheaths and go really small, not the size of the eyelets compared to the screws. Makes for a great "necker":

DSC04537-1.jpg

DSC04545-1.jpg

Groupshot:

DSC04546-1.jpg

I know what you're thinking.... how small are the new "Micro" sheaths?

Well, I make a BK11 sheath that's just barely bigger than a quarter dollar!:eek:

Here it is:

DSC04550-1.jpg

Pictured with the quarter dollar:

DSC04551-1.jpg

See it's just barely longer:p That's a real quarter dollar btw.

The glamour shot:

DSC04548-1.jpg

DSC04547-1.jpg

DSC04549-1.jpg

All of the "pancake" sheaths have a drain-hole at the bottom:

DSC04519-1.jpg

Thanks for looking and for your participation,

Eli

_________________________________________ I'll chat below this line, from what I'm reading in post.

Sorry for the last two "big" pics.

The clear one is made from Holstex which is pretty cool but I won't make a sheath larger than an ESEE-3/BK14 with it cause it's more "Brittle-ish" than Kydex.

But it does look cool, these are some of my mini sheaths that are really small and I incorporate "FIRE" into them to for a mini-PSK:

DSC04606-1.jpg

DSC04557-1.jpg

DSC04504-1.jpg

DSC04456-1.jpg

DSC04459-1.jpg

DSC04464-1.jpg

These are are really small here's another Micro Sheath:

DSC04395-1.jpg

They're small but still tough as hell and guaranteed for life!

I even make a BK14 Kydex sheath for the TDI Clip that's smaller than anthing else:

DSC04197-1.jpg

But I also hold the record for the largest BK11 sheath too::p

DSC03729-1-1.jpg

It used to be the case that a taco sheath "limited" the mounting options but it is no longer...... (this one is mine)

DSC04563-1.jpg

DSC04570-1.jpg

The contents:

DSC04564-1.jpg

But my Pouch Sheaths have been really popular for me and a big hit..... there's others doing it now but not as well, the BK scales are big and having the pouch open at that spot doesn't make much sense.... here's the original:

DSC04517-1.jpg

DSC03875-1.jpg

IMG_0558-1.jpg

IMG_0536-1.jpg

DSC04079-1.jpg

Thanks for the kind words I really appreciate it, I don't advertise anywhere (classifieds) and all my work has been "word of mouth" but I need to start throwing my work out mostly to let people know it's mine... hence the name over the product. I've had a rash of "Copycat'n" going on and in general I just want to show off what I'm making..... I'm really glad you like it. I'm a Kydex guy who uses his knives so I think that makes a difference.... and I prefer "Leader" to "follower".;)

The first Bic holder I made was indented right where the button is but then I changed it.... now the bic is operable "one-handed" so with your left/right hand you can reach right up and fire-it-up..... if anyone wants one buried deeper or with the button cut-off I can still do that too.

TDI Clip: my usual approach to it is unorthodox in that I think it works better sideways but I make a Kydex belt-loop that handles everything so the only advantage to it is that it can be taken off quickly.

Here's a picture of the belt-loop:

DSC03932-1.jpg

And here's what I can make it do.... all from one belt-loop and if you reverse the sheath it can be carried scout style.... ranger, etc.

DSC03938-1.jpg

I haven't messed with the Izula Clip especially since I make the above setup but I play with it if you want one. To be honest I'd probably just start from scratch and use the metal clip by itself... the plate they use is really thin (0.60?).

Yeah the site is way behind on pictures, styles, sheaths etc. but opening this up to non-Beckerheads was easy.... I don't have a number yet:p

Clayton, duh.... the copyright is written right on it.:D

CrimsonFalcon, glad you like that sheath.... I had "pack" carry in mind and I was able to draw it one-handed but it could use more retention belt-carried. I should've made a dangler for it or something.... hope the pouches are proving to be "handy".

I don't like it when a sheath is completely "melted" and has sharp points coming away from the sheath so for the "thumb-ramp" I also make them without for us/them "Big Guy's" who don't like being stabbed by their sheaths..... just depends on how you're carrying it I guess.

I like the clear for the lighter sheaths so you can "choose" what color it's going to be.

Last edited:
I'm in - thanks for the chance.
sheaths are looking very good -- and the 1/4 dollar bill is cool, I had not seen one of those before.
curious to know, where did you find transparent/translucent kydex?

I'm in. I have no critique at all. Just that these sheaths are awesome. Really nice work. Thanks for the contest.

P.S. I'll be shipping out my 511 to you this morning. I can't wait to see how the setup turns out.

omg omg omg omg I am so in. I just got my 14 only yesterday! It is a newborn, it needs pants and a pair of long sleeves.

I'm in.

I prefer the pancake to the taco sheath, it just seems like it would be easier to mount/carry. Not sure how I would go about using the taco sheath unless as a pocket sheath. As always your work is impeccable, to say the least. I'm also quite the fan of the lettering on the side, that is nice.

Could you do other colours in the pancake sheath? Maybe do like an OD and Black like you did the Orange and Black? Or, MY two colors and do a Navy and Orange (Da BEARS!).

I'm just assuming they don't rattle like the FRN sheaths do. It wasn't until I stripped the blade on mine that it started rattling, which is definitely a motivator towards looking into getting a new sheath.

In! Although I'd have to buy a -14 :)

I like the Godspeed text too. I know it would drive up costs but maybe find some transfers or ? One of my treasured optics is a Trijicon ACOG with COR 4.6 encoded on it from the factory, then someone started a shitstorm about it and I think they had to stop?

I don't post here much, seein' as I only have an 11, but it really needs ona 'dem itty bitty tacos!!! No critiques here either! Them all look mighty fine! Edited to add, "I'm in!"

Last edited:
In.

Awesome work. On small blades i prefer a taco. I really only like pancake sheaths on larger blades i plan to add a pouch to for an altoids tin.

I'm in, & I have no critiques, those a freaking sweet! I cant decide which I like better...

I'm in! Thanks for the chance.
Really nice work, and I like that you use so many colors and styles to accommodate the customer's needs.
I really like that you use as little material as possible to make your sheaths really tiny.

-orangish ducktape
167a.png

“Simplicate, and add lightness”
-Colin Chapman

OMG! Those sheaths look SUHWEET!!

I'M IN!!

Oh wow! I see the dangler setup I've been wanting for my BK9! This guy is the DaVinci of Kydex!

Clever advertising! Hooked me!

Last edited:
You bet I'm in, thanks for the giveaway. Kydex is really growing on me.

I'm in
I like the little lip on your taco sheaths. I have one by another maker that doesn't have that but I think it would be very nice. My next sheath for my 14 will probably be a pancake sheath (mainly because I like pancakes!).

Back