1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

BK20's and their new duds

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by ironborn, Apr 27, 2016.

1. ironborn

ironborn

Oct 9, 2012
    Hi all,
    I got inspired yesterday to make a new sheath for my 20. I had stripped it and wrapped the handles in seine twine to make them a little more grippy, and esthetically pleasing until I can find some nice hardwood or micarta. I thought I could build a sheath around the stock plastic liner, and while that worked well enough, I wasn't satisfied. So I decided to tie in the cord wrap on the handle by wrapping the sheath in a larger gauge of seine twine. As a fun detail, I alternated the wraps over and under the maroon leather in rows of 20. I'm still looking for a better retention solution, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out....
    I hope there are more of you who are working on pairing this magnificent blade with a great sheath! Post your pics up and share!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DavidCAndersen

DavidCAndersen

Nov 11, 2013
    Looking good man!

3. Jonny1280

Jonny1280 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 5, 2012
    That looks great Ironbone!
    Nice work!

4. abrasion

abrasion

Feb 22, 2011
    That's awesome Ironbone-Lion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. tobiism

tobiism Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 28, 2013
    Sweet!

6. ironborn

ironborn

Oct 9, 2012
    Thanks guys! And that's uh, THUNDERBONE-LION.... 😜

7. abrasion

abrasion

Feb 22, 2011
    I love it!

8. ironborn

ironborn

Oct 9, 2012
    Anyone else out there dress their 20s up with new sheathes yet?