BK21: First Use

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by GeofS, Mar 19, 2018.

1. GeofS

GeofS “Nostra-bladus” Platinum Member

Mar 9, 2018
    [​IMG] Spent about a half an hour clearing yucca and wisteria around my house. This sucker is a beast! She’s very top heavy so hold on tightly! Just for the hell of it, I even smacked a wooden pallet a few dozen times. Her edge held up nicely and she was an absolute pleasure to wield. Thanks Ethan!

danny.k, Xr6x, knoefz and 3 others like this.
  2. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008

That baby looks pristine!

MarriedTheMedic and StrangeDaze like this.
  3. GeofS

Mar 9, 2018
    Hah! No, I can assure you there’s some minor marking (maybe really minor) on the blade now. Lol

4. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Congrats, the Reinhardt kukri is a powerful blade!

MarriedTheMedic and austexjg like this.
  5. Tanker 1/66

Tanker 1/66 Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    I don't have one Yet!!! I will be able to keep it that way as long as I don't read @91bravo post to often lol and now yours Geo!!!!

6. Xr6x

Xr6x Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 17, 2015
    Right on GeofS the 21 is one Bad Ass Blade!

Tanker 1/66 likes this.
  7. nannybear

nannybear Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2016
    *wolf whistle*

she sure is sexy<3

8. austexjg

austexjg

Oct 22, 2014
    Congratulations on that sweet BK&T. The BK21 is a great blade - I have enjoyed using mine over the last year. A kydex sheath made a world of difference for me - highly recommend it.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  9. StrangeDaze

StrangeDaze Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 20, 2016
    Im in the same boat, that magenta micarta on the 21 is making me feel some things!

10. gmoneyluv

gmoneyluv Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2012
    The BK 21 is one of my faves! Love the scales.

11. granitestateofmind

granitestateofmind

Apr 20, 2013
    Damn, doesn't even look like you knocked the new off it....I like the Micarta Scales. Cool color, too. I'm betting it's gonna look even better with some battle scars ;).

The RBK demands respect - more than any of the Beckers I own (which is damn near most of them) and, IMO, even the Beckers I do not own...I've had a chance to use a Patrol Machete and even that didn't give me pause the way the 21 does, every time I pick it up. Came damn close to having a, uh, serious moment with my RBK the first time I used it not swinging at a stump. Knocking on wood, I've been fairly careful using knives for the last 50 years - and I've been lucky as hell, too; there is no preventative to keep $#!+ from happening - but that blade...made me think a lot more about seriously paying attention to what I am doing.

GeofS, Tanker 1/66 and The Warrior like this.
  12. GeofS

Mar 9, 2018
    Well said, Granite. After a few chops, I became very cognizant that she could do some serious damage if not respected properly. I had to use a very tight grip because she wants to move forward and through whatever’s in her way. I’ll probably wind up putting a strap on her.

On a side note, I’m envious of the patrol machete. Sucks getting into the collecting game late.

StrangeDaze and Tanker 1/66 like this.
  13. iBlade

iBlade

Jul 24, 2008
    Never seen micarta that colour before, I do like the look, where did you get them?

GeofS likes this.
  14. GeofS

Mar 9, 2018
    The scales are the standard Becker micarta dyed with Rit DyeMore Advanced racing red. The original tan color and red dye make it magenta.

Tanker 1/66 likes this.