BK21: First Use

GeofS

“Nostra-bladus”
Gold Member
kNFAhf6.jpg
Spent about a half an hour clearing yucca and wisteria around my house. This sucker is a beast! She’s very top heavy so hold on tightly! Just for the hell of it, I even smacked a wooden pallet a few dozen times. Her edge held up nicely and she was an absolute pleasure to wield. Thanks Ethan!

kNFAhf6.jpg
Spent about a half an hour clearing yucca and wisteria around my house. This sucker is a beast! She’s very top heavy so hold on tightly! Just for the hell of it, I even smacked a wooden pallet a few dozen times. Her edge held up nicely and she was an absolute pleasure to wield. Thanks Ethan!

That baby looks pristine!

Hah! No, I can assure you there’s some minor marking (maybe really minor) on the blade now. Lol

I don't have one Yet!!! I will be able to keep it that way as long as I don't read 91bravo 91bravo post to often lol and now yours Geo!!!!

Congratulations on that sweet BK&T. The BK21 is a great blade - I have enjoyed using mine over the last year. A kydex sheath made a world of difference for me - highly recommend it.

Last edited:
Damn, doesn't even look like you knocked the new off it....I like the Micarta Scales. Cool color, too. I'm betting it's gonna look even better with some battle scars ;).

The RBK demands respect - more than any of the Beckers I own (which is damn near most of them) and, IMO, even the Beckers I do not own...I've had a chance to use a Patrol Machete and even that didn't give me pause the way the 21 does, every time I pick it up. Came damn close to having a, uh, serious moment with my RBK the first time I used it not swinging at a stump. Knocking on wood, I've been fairly careful using knives for the last 50 years - and I've been lucky as hell, too; there is no preventative to keep $#!+ from happening - but that blade...made me think a lot more about seriously paying attention to what I am doing.

Well said, Granite. After a few chops, I became very cognizant that she could do some serious damage if not respected properly. I had to use a very tight grip because she wants to move forward and through whatever’s in her way. I’ll probably wind up putting a strap on her.

On a side note, I’m envious of the patrol machete. Sucks getting into the collecting game late.

The scales are the standard Becker micarta dyed with Rit DyeMore Advanced racing red. The original tan color and red dye make it magenta.

Back