BK24 owners...

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by knowbody777, May 19, 2013.

1. knowbody777

knowbody777

May 8, 2013
    I couldn't wait any longer. The BK24 has been ordered and I am going nuts!
    In the interim, however I will need some help for a reasonably priced sharpening system that will handle the D2 steel.
    All I have now are a couple diamond stones and I keep scratching the heck out of the cheap Chinese folders I am practicing on.

Help.

2. Tbaggin

Tbaggin

Apr 29, 2012
    It likes diamond. My lanski will work, just takes time

3. Bishop2Queen's6

Bishop2Queen's6

Jun 8, 2011
    Work sharp knife sharpener. Saved me so much time over stones.

4. Galeocerdoshark

Galeocerdoshark

May 21, 2011
    I suppose any guided system would do good at sharpening the 24. I pulled the trigger a couple of days ago as well, it'll probably get here not on this Monday but the next.
    I've had no problems sharpening s30v on my Lansky, so I'm guessing that'll work on a 24 as well.
    Stropping will keep you going for a loooong time before sharpening it though...

5. rkmoore

rkmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2010
    I took mine to the Work Sharp immediately & have only had to lightly strop it a few times since then. I've had it for maybe 3 months & only stropped it 3 or 4 times. It's my edc and gets used nearly every day so I'd say it holds its edge better than any other knife I've owned.

6. knowbody777

knowbody777

May 8, 2013
    Does anyone have experience with multiple sharpening systems? Lansky, worksharp and wicked edge are ones I keep hearing about. Wicked edge seems to be a little more expensive than I want but what do you think performs at the highest level?

7. Chameleonbear

Chameleonbear

Aug 14, 2008
    Moose, Ethan, me, and a few others use the KME. I couldn't be happier with it. Puts a wicked edge on my knives every time.

8. tjswarbrick

tjswarbrick

Mar 31, 2011
    Any guided system should do nicely. I'm partial to the worksharp myself. The nicest thing is, it's razor sharp out of the box, and holds its edge well. You don't need to decide immediately.

9. dopenerd

dopenerd

May 8, 2013
    Spyderco sharp maker or lansky turnbox. both are fast and easy to use.the lansky turnbox is a cheaper version of the spyderco sharp maker.

10. abolt2

abolt2

Nov 4, 2009
    Just got my BK24 and put the orange Becker scales on it. Oh man I freaking love this little knife. I kinda feel sorry for my 14, its now in my go bag. I'm just going to use my Spyderco Sharpmaker on it. Got to thank Jay at Warriors and wonders in Vancouver BC for bringing these in for us Canadians!!!!!!!!!.

11. LG&M

LG&M

Dec 19, 2005
    I convexed mine. sandpaper & mouse pad.

12. abolt2

abolt2

Nov 4, 2009
    Have you got your knife yet?

13. HWF

HWF Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 1, 2012
    Just recieved my 24 today. My first Becker! Though I have many KA-BARs. Love this little blade.

[​IMG]

14. knowbody777

knowbody777

May 8, 2013
    I thought it would have been here today... fingers crossed for tomorrow!

15. knowbody777

knowbody777

May 8, 2013
    Got it!!!

[​IMG]

Going to spend some time with her tomorrow.

16. Kymedic45

Kymedic45

Apr 28, 2013
    Congrats Buddy.... Glad you got it in.. Now lets see some pics of you using it..

17. Brian10

Brian10

Apr 24, 2008
    I'm liking mine a lot as well. I put the esee izula micarta scales on it.

18. knowbody777

knowbody777

May 8, 2013
    I have noticed about 7 small spots where rust has formed... anyone else have that?

19. abolt2

abolt2

Nov 4, 2009
    Congrats!!!, I had a few spots but they just buffed out with a briilo pad and mineral oil. It's only semi stainless, but I live on the wet coast and the spots havent came back.
    It was sharp out of the box, but not shaving. A few minutes on the Spyderco sharpmaker and its now shaving hair.