Bob Lum Tanto

I'd love to see a sprint run of these in G-10. Anybody here use one on a daily basis?

i used to edc a lum ti tanto folder, a very good edc knife imho, probably the best tanto for utility use around, i used to have a lum custom that i presume it was modeled after i know they looked pretty close, wish i wouldnt have traded the custom , ya dont see lotsa lums around. also liked the fact that the blade was around 4" which for me was about perfect, seems like most tantos are more like 3.5" or so. also liked the grind a lot, not being CG and all.

SIFU1A said:
i used to have a lum custom that i presume it was modeled after i know they looked pretty close, wish i wouldnt have traded the custom , ya dont see lotsa lums around.
I currently still EDC a Lum Custom Ti Tanto that looks just like the Spyderco model. The only difference visually, aside from the lack of the Spyderco stamp is the custom Ti Clip. They certainly are difficult to come by.

The Spyderco C-46 Bob Lum Tanto Folder is in my humble opinion the very best tanto designed up till now. I had never really liked tanto blades until I got my hands on a Bob Lum. This tanto design is much more streamlined. The handle has an ergonomic flare to it and the G-10 or the Titanium either one are definite winners. VG-10 is actually a great blade steel for this type of blade.

I am not into Custom knives as of yet because of the exorbitant costs but if I were to get a custom I do think I would be getting ahold of Mr. Lum.

I met Mr. Lum at the Solvang knife show a few years ago. His table was empty and I walked in 30th in line. His work is underrated. I would love to see more collaborations between Mr. Lum and Spyderco. Sal finds those great makers who are not "super famous" and creates wonderful collaborations with them.