Boker "Tree Brand Classic" & Solingen made traditional knives

Those are nice little Jacks. Very nice character in those covers. πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘
I agree. The size is nice and I really like the profile of the spear blade. Oh, and the caplifter works pretty well too. I’ll be putting it to use soon enough 🍻

Well... I'm not sure how I forgot to post my most recent Bokers here, but I did, lol.

dWDinVf.jpg

k5nZXFE.jpg

d4vl8To.jpg

Z7ILDDC.jpg

eOpm7jB.jpg

ADisNPI.jpg

m2w0TtI.jpg

stejiLW.jpg

T45G2hJ.jpg

Resistance is futile. 😊

Oh, I may have to check those out. πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

Fantastic Brian. πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

Thanks!

And yes!!! You definitely should check out the new pre-production, solid copper Zippo! It's very reasonably priced and people have been chomping at the bit for them for decades! I snagged one from DLT the moment I saw them. :)

Well... I'm not sure how I forgot to post my most recent Bokers here, but I did, lol.

dWDinVf.jpg

k5nZXFE.jpg

d4vl8To.jpg

Z7ILDDC.jpg

eOpm7jB.jpg

ADisNPI.jpg

m2w0TtI.jpg

stejiLW.jpg

T45G2hJ.jpg

I think I mentioned before that you have some beautiful Ironwood on yours. If not, you do. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

That Damascus ain't half bad either.

Thanks!

And yes!!! You definitely should check out the new pre-production, solid copper Zippo! It's very reasonably priced and people have been chomping at the bit for them for decades! I snagged one from DLT the moment I saw them. :)

I'm not a smoker but been eyeing a Zippo for a while (sometimes having fire is a good thing) and I just ordered one as well with the Copper Ironwood.

I'm not a smoker but been eyeing a Zippo for a while (sometimes having fire is a good thing) and I just ordered one as well with the Copper Ironwood.
Hopefully, you don't plan to carry a Zippo like a knife. They take little time to dry out, so a can of Naphtha is necessary if you want use.

Hopefully, you don't plan to carry a Zippo like a knife. They take little time to dry out, so a can of Naphtha is necessary if you want use.

Yeah my Dad had one that didn't get too much use and he mentioned having to refill if before using.

Latest 2, yes the Copper Ironwood bit my finger a little when doing a little flush and lube. The tip on this one is almost like a razor blade.
original.jpg

And tried to get a better shot of the Ironwood on mine. Better exposure on the wood, blown highlights on my fingers.
original.jpg

original.jpg

Observations on my sample of two.

Pull on the DI is much higher than the Micarta, and the action is a little gritty. Better after the flush and lube, but still not as smooth as the Micarta.

Fit and finish on both is very good.

I do believe the slightly satin-ish finish on the Copper of the Micarta is better. The highly polished mirror-like finish on the Ironwood picks up surface scratches and rubs like it's a hobby. Of course this is going to be a personal preference thing. The Micarta is already showing some color changes, and looks like it is going to age nicely. Not sure yet how the ironwood will do. It'll be interesting to watch.

Very cool knives from Boker. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back