Bowie Throwers

I'm looking for a bowie styled thrower, I've tried to find one but had no luck, so I figured I'd ask you guys. I know they exhist, I went to a throwing demonstration at a boy scout camp years ago, and they threw large bowie knives. Does anyone know where I could find them? Is there any chance that they'd hold an edge and be usuable for other purposes? Thanks guys.

My buddy had a handmade one that was one solid piece of steel . Hardly any blade at all . I think you will find that the more the blade is useful for cutting the less durable the edge will be for throwing . There is a compromise . I don,t think this compromise is of enough value to be worth while . If you are just starting out get somew simple inexpensive throwers and make your mind up with the value of experience .

Thanks guys. I tried ebay and dont trust them too much, they'll call anything a thrower. I'll probably get a few cheap throwers when I get back to school, there is a store in the mall that sells knives, mostly low quality folders but they do have a few throwers that look decent.

Joezilla

Moderator- Wilderness and Survival Skills
jeff koch and joe darrah are custom knifemakers that can do it for you

Try Dana Turner at Fort Turner Tomahawks

http://www.fortturner.com/store/knives.htm

Crazy Crow also has similiar throwers on their web page.

I use Old Hickory Butcher knives. I cut off about 1/4 inch off the end of the handle so it doesn't split then wrap in duct tape. Decent balance and the carbon steel blade is flexible enough to take a beating. I'd stay away from those cheap e-bay blades.