Briefcase interior

Thinking about getting one of the briefcases and was wondering what everyones input is over the pigskin vs suede interior lining.

I think the suede is a nostalgia thing as that's how they used to do the bags. Mine has pigskin and it is tough and I think helps the bag hold form. I could see a suede bag drooping more.

Probably. I guess it depends on what you mean by "break in." Never seen one in person, I'm just postulating here.

Suede is plush and retro, but pigskin is so much tougher! I love my pigskin lining on my messenger, and although I love suede, I would never get that a the lining on a bag that will last the rest of my life.

I have pigskin lining inside of my large briefcase. I am very happy with it. It looks great. It is easy to keep clean. I just don't worry about it.

The only reason that I would consider the suede lining is if I kept my iPad unprotected/uncovered in it. I feel that the suede lining may be easier on it with the natural friction of daily carry. It would just be for peace of mind. Thankfully, I have a Saddleback Leather iPad 2 case.

The only reason that I would consider the suede lining is if I kept my iPad unprotected/uncovered in it. I feel that the suede lining may be easier on it with the natural friction of daily carry. It would just be for peace of mind. Thankfully, I have a Saddleback Leather iPad 2 case.

Actually the SBL iPad cases themselves are lined with pigskin so I don't think that is an issue.

My opinion is that suede might be a little nicer in the short run because the bags may break in a little sooner. However, once a pigskin lined bag breaks in it is just as soft as suede yet still has the advantage of wiping spills easily over suede.
In my opinion pigskin is a better choice in the long run, you just have to be a little more patient for the bag to soften up a bit. I have an older two-rivet front flap briefcase piggy lined and it is very soft.

Back