Brkt & bhk

I've ordered a knife from Blind Horse (the December special), and about to order a Barkie (torn between the Liten Bror & the UL Bushcrafter). I'm pretty psyched.

Who else has some knives from these makers? Let's hear your opinions on them, and see some pictures!

I have a BRKT Golok - fit and finish is very good, handle is comfortable, knife is sexy and versatile - love it

I would take two Blind Horse knives for the price of a single Bark River. Imo they make a better product and I think they are a better company.

Both are great companies. The fit and finish of their knives is top notch compared to most companies. Quality and practicality are also excellent. I have the BHK bushcrafter and BRKT Aurora + Bravo 1, and I love them all!

I really like Blind Horse Knives. Seems they don't get talked about here as much as they should. Great knives at a really good price. And it seems like the 2 owners are good guys. Maybe we could think of a way to tempt them over here from that OTHER knife forum. :)

bhk005_zpsb4fa84fe.jpg

I've been carrying the Snapp Knapp for a while now and really like it. Fits in the pocket great and feels good in hand too. Its pretty much kicked all my other EDC fixed blades out of my pocket (for the time being at least). ;)

I own a single knife from blind horse. It is their boat tail Scandi. Good knife with decent fit and finish. They make a good work knife although I found the sheath a bit lacking (lucky I make my own :)) In terms of bark river I own the bravo and recently acquired the little creek in ebony. I must say I find bark river knives are my favourite fixed blade maker to date. The convex grinds are amazing:)

Hey! I own the same Little Creek in ebony! :)

brkt007_zps467e3a98.jpg

I really like Bark River too, and their convex grind is great, but I find that the Blind Horse handles fit my hand much better for some reason, so I prefer those.

I've owned over a half dozen Bark River models and still own three (Mini Canadian, Northstar Companion, and a Bravo1). I've never had a problem with any, all of them were great knives. The handles do run on the short and skiny side, but I have smaller hands, so it's never been a problem for me.

I've never handled a BHK, but they look solid and I've heard nothing but good things about them.

Those are some good looking knives.

I agree, BHK's prices are better, and you can order a custom job.
But, I like that I can order a BRKT and not wait months for it.
As for quality, I've read tons of reviews that said they're similar.
I guess I'll have to wait and judge for myself but, I'm pretty sure I'll be pleased with both.

If there's anyone else that has pictures/reviews/anecdotes they'd like to post, DO IT.
I can't get enough of these makers.

Last edited:
Back