Broken Sebenza?

sdw

Has anyone ever broke a blade on a Sebenza.I have no problems with mine,but do to its thinness I am wondering just how tough it is.
scott

Scott, I have cut all kinds of fiberous materials (radiator hose, bicycle and motorcycles tires, rope, belts, etc.) with mine. I don't use it as a prybar, have cheap screwdrivers for that!

Copfish
Yeah,I know.I use mine as a cutter only,Just curious as too how tough one could be.I have some friends that are down right rough on knives.Prying open doors or turning screws.I guess occasionally I find myself doing a little prying like bending out smashed boot lace hooks on my work boots but nothing like prying off hubcaps.
scott

About a year ago, someone broke a blade on a Sebenza. CR replaced it free, said it had a defect in the steel. This is the only one I recall ever hearing about. Walt

Walt are you sure the blade broke? I remember seeing a thread where the blade had a small crack. This was because a batch of sebenzas had thumb studs that were too big and fatigued the steel.

------------------
Johnny
<FONT COLOR=#ff0000>[</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>]</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>[</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>]</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>></FONT>

I remember same as Walt that it was a break. I think the guy was exerting mild lateral force on the blade with his hand for some reason and it snapped in two. You might want to dig around in Knifeforums if you want the thread.

-Cliff

Back