Buck vantage help!

I bought a small buck vantage a week ago. Today I noticed the handle screw under pocket clip fell out. The screw was caught under clip. I thought no big deal I will screw it back. So trying to screw it back, the middle screw fell out. On further inspection, the screws will start and tighten into liner with scale off. But will not start with the scale on the liner. Screws are long enough. So I’m at a loss. Any advice would be helpful.

I wonder if the holes in the handle match up with the holes in the liner. Perhaps getting them started in the handle first and then lining them up to the liner will help.

Apparently the screws aren’t long enough. Thread locker was holding them in.

This also happened to me on my 347 when I sent mine in for repair on a lockup issue(Which still isn't fixed). When I received it back a month later the G10 scale insert was popped out and the screw wouldn't grab, and it was perfectly flush and tight before I sent it in. The knife literally came back in worse shape than it left in. I had to take the scale off and put my weight on it to get it to pop back into the scale. You probably did the right thing in fixing it yourself.

Well I thought I had it fixed. Screws fell out again. After checking all other screws, the problem is the threads in the liner holes doesn’t start at the top they start half way. The screws are too short. I ordered another one. I can keep the old one for parts.

My whole life I’ve carried a traditional. Mostly case and schrade. This is the first modern knife I like better than a traditional. I hope the new one is better than the last. Even tho, the last one was a week old.

Back