Bush Knives

Blade grind look perfect. A scandi v grind? Maybe no blade catch/wave. I hope it’s 154cm.

Bush craft items r very popular right now! I think the key to this being a success is a quality, versatile holster.

No blade catch would be nice. And by using others steel others than 154cm/s35vn would draw attention from lots customer.

Absolutely.

But NO "wave feature please." Just a flat spine.

The hook usually jabs my thumb and severely limits many grips I normally use.

I would buy FIVE of those if they were flat, but most likely none with that wave.

Please at least make it an option. The A-100 was a classic for good reason!

On that note, I would LOVE to see a small 7-sized folder that somehow keeps the wave feature, but "flatter" and further towards the tip. This would give us with larger hands the grip benefit your big knives offer, but on a more pocket friendly blade!

I don’t really have a need for a bushcraft knife but I like it. I would like to echo what others have say about removing the wave feature. It may get in the way for those who need to choke up and place their thumbs down the spine of the knife.

If you don’t mind me asking, what blade length are you thinking of for this knife?

I'd like to see a chisel grind on the opposite side you normally use. I'd be happy to do t.e. on it for you. I live near the San Gabriel mountains and have plenty of time to do testing on it for real world. I also attend wild foods and skills classes locally. The wave is not going to help on a knife for bushcrafting. I'd also round the handle more or use the design from the CQC-8. Just my $.02.

Looks nice! I kinda like the wave hook. It looks like it would help stop the blade during penetration for pig hunting. Nice blade shape too!

I like it! I'd keep the wave. It's an Emerson signature or face, and provides extra purchase for the thumb if you're making fire stick curls or just taking trimming bark off. I'd like to see a minimalist kydex sheath, something like that on the neck knives, to keep weigh down and make a trimmer package.

Ernest, you're making too much cool stuff lately, I'm going to go broke!

--Larry

I want one.

But to reiterate, that wave will exclude many people who's hands or grips aren't the exact shape. So why not offer waved and waveless to satisfy both sides?

Paraphrasing Mr. Emerson's own words from long ago, a knife shouldn't force your hand into any specific grip.

I love that thing, specially with a true zero grind or right handed chisel grind!

And yes! Micarta would be sweet !

Absolutely.

But NO "wave feature please." Just a flat spine.

The hook usually jabs my thumb and severely limits many grips I normally use.

I would buy FIVE of those if they were flat, but most likely none with that wave.

Please at least make it an option. The A-100 was a classic for good reason!

On that note, I would LOVE to see a small 7-sized folder that somehow keeps the wave feature, but "flatter" and further towards the tip. This would give us with larger hands the grip benefit your big knives offer, but on a more pocket friendly blade!

+1 on this... no wave--though I love it on my folder. The A-100 profile would make for a Kephart-like Emerson fixed blade, which would be great in my humble opinion. A flat spot on the spine to strike a ferro rod would be cool too. Now, if we are talking outside the typical Emerson formula... "3d" contoured handle scales (because flat slabs are not as comfortable), and a departure from the chisel grind might be warranted. Convex is typically king in my experience, though I've used knives with other grinds for such tasks and did fine. A 4.5" - 5" blade on a fixed A-100 with contoured handles, sans wave... damn that would be pretty cool.

Anthony

Lanyard hole or even hidden in end of tang would be useful for retention and leverage with a lanyard.

Back