Busse 20th Anniversary Straight Handle Battle Mistress

Hi Im a newbie and was wondering if you could clarify some discrepancy in the knife that I recently bought from Busse.

I had a friend of mine order a Busse blade for me from the web site its a 20th Anniversary Edition Busse Battle Mistress. The knife arrived in mint condition with all the specifications as I ordered it form the G10 handle down to the overall length and color of the blade, even the Buy Brown Coyote Sheath.

There was one exception though the measured width of the knife was 1.875" only and not the 2" width stated on the Busse web site. I emailed Busse at info@busseecombat.com regarding this problem but yet have to receive a reply. In the meantime if anyone has the same blade that I ordered does it really come short of the 2" width it was supposed to be ? was there some production mods not mentioned. Or could it have been a typo error on the web page regarding the specs?

I hope to hear form someone with a similar experience or explanation

Mine is @ your width as well.
I think there must be a typo in the description on their site. Other members had similar dimensions on their ASHBMs.
In my experience the knife is chopping just fine.

First things first.

Welcome to the Busse forum!

The width discrepancy has been noted by other folks before, so yours is normal compared to everybody else blades. As far as I know, the shop has not commented here on this issue, so we have just assumed that it is a typo on the web site (or possibly that 2" number was on a prototype, and the production version was altered?)

It is unfortunate that your initial Busse experience was not 100% satisfaction. Jerry has posted that he prefers people to contact the Shop first whan they have an issue:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...oblem-With-Your-Busse-Knife-Here-s-What-To-Do

I would suggest calling them, but my guess is that you are not in the USA, so that could be difficult. They can be a little slow on email sometimes.

---------------------

and now the Hog answer:

So sorry that you don't like your knife; you can send it to me for proper disposal. I will even pay the shipping. :D

Welcome to the world of collecting high grade cutlery. You have a wonderful knife at hand, one that probably will easily exceed any expectations that you may have had in the past. They come well balanced with a gorgeous fit and finish.

Mine has cut like a dream and holds an edge well. The day when the package arrived I was joyous and quickly opened the priority box. I can honestly say that I felt this was the most gorgeous knife I had ever ordered from Busse. After looking at it a while, I must admit that it did appear slightly smaller in hand than I had thought it might be relative to the pics on the web page the day I pressed the 'go' button.

The width is smaller than previous offerings, but I don't feel this detracts in any way from the piece. Honestly, I believe the smaller dimensions lend itself to building more character and distinction with this anniv. knife. I know I am glad that I snagged one for my collection.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences, I feel much better that it isn't a manufacturing mistake. This is actually my second Busse I had a NMFBM which I picked up from our local specialty knife store and I immediately had a liking to Busse's . I am truly impressed with the INFI steel properties and cutting performance. I had to have a friend order this 20th Ann edition SHBM for me coz the web site for some reason wouldn't answer my query maybe has something to do with me being overseas.

I waited patiently only to have doubt that my new Busse might be a production error. But then again even the Sheath fit perfectly form Buy Brown so the specs must be correct. I guess they did scale down the width. Would be nice if Busse answered right away but just the same I read the main home page late and saw I could email jerry busse for knife problems so I sent him the email with pictures and measurements and hopefully they reply as well.

Im thinking after my custom JN Bowie arrives , I will embark on my next Busse but will go with a custom made mother of all Bowies if they will do one for me.

Back