busse around 4-5 inches?

i know i have been posting here a lot lately but if i'm gonna spend $200 plus on a knife i want to be sure it is the one i want. Anyway i was wandering if there were any busse knives that were around the 3-4 inches mark and in a thicker stock(3/16 or up). i will be using this knife for a skinning/small survival blade. Pics would help thanks

A fatty Game Warden would suit your needs. I'm way too lazy to take pictures tonight but a quick Google search will yield what you seek...

The Basic 4 LE in the Magnum thickness would be a great choise I think .

SPECIFICATIONS:
Steel: INFI 58-60 Rc
Thickness: Magnum: .220”
Blade Length: 4.25”
Overall Length: 9.125”
Grind: Full Height Flat
Finish: Hand Finished Satin
Edge: Blended Zero
Limited Edition Serial Numbered

A Game Warden might be good too .

3" blade
7" over all length
.200" thick INFI blade

Either of these has the right blade shape for skinning and thick enough blades for hard use .

HOLD MY BEER AND WATCH THIS :emot-yarr:

B4LE anorexic is still 3/16" thick at the spine.
great knife for general purpose tasks, cleaning game, food prep, fire prep, etc...

CABS. That's my favorite anyway. But if you like choils then the LCABS or SCABS would be better for you.

It's kin, but would suit your purposes, Swamp Rat Vex.
Can't get to my photobucket, :mad:, so no pics at this time.

Anorexic Basic 4 is my all time favorite! Even though I have other 3-4" choices both Busse & Kin and from other makers, the B-4 ALWAYS comes with me.

My vote is the Basic 4 LE Magnum, it's a great design.

The handle works well in many positions and the satin finish will be easy to sanitize in the field.

You won't be able to break this knife either, whereas the CABS may be a little too thin to consider for pure survival.

The blade geometry is fantastic and it makes for a seriously sharp edge that can take quite a beating.

Weight wise, you'll hardly ever notice that you have it on your person until you reach for it to use.

If you wanted to go 6", I'd look towards the Boss Jack. You can find deals on them for as low as $250 even for brand new ones.

Here's a pic of the B4LE and Boss Jack together.:)

2852606.jpg

Actually the Anorexic Basic 4 LE is .155" thick and not 3/16 (.187") as someone stated . That's why I suggested the Magnum at .220" thick . With it's full flat grind the cutting edge is still razor sharp .

HOLD MY BEER AND WATCH THIS :emot-yarr:

Back