Busse Grip Poll

What Handle Material Do You Like The Best?

• RES- C (You know,that badass Comfy Rubber stuff)

Votes: 15 14.9%
  • Solid Canvas Micarta ( Black,Tan,Green,Red, etc...)

Votes: 23 22.8%
  • Solid G-10 ( Black, Red, Pink, etc...)

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Special Canvas Micarta ( Tigerhide, Snakeskin, etc...)

Votes: 33 32.7%
  • 2 Color G-10 ( Black and Green, Red and Black, etc...)

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • Special G-10 ( Sandstorm, Tequilla, etc...)

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • Special material ( Bone, Mamoth tooth,Wood, Resin, etc...)

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Solid Paper Micarta ( Smooth Black, etc...)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Other....? Let us Know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Don't drop it.

Gold Member
I'm taking a poll to see what Handle Material people on this forum like on there Busse. I know I forgot a lot of Coatings on the Last poll, And apparently I tricked people by putting in Non coated choices, OOPS. If I forgot Your favorite then tell me about it in the Comments.

I don't think I could pick one single favorite. I couldn't imagine a better handle than the res on my little Scrapmax 375. I couldn't imagine a better handle than the canvas on my TGLB. I couldn't imagine a better handle than the smoothed/polished black paper on my SOB LE and I couldn't imagine a better handle than the G10 on my Boss Jack. So my answer is......I dunno.

Canvas micartas of various colors are always welcomed and nice. I also like g10 and I've come to prefer bruiser, tan/black, plain black and an interesting one I just picked up recently on an SOB called 'tequila sunrise.' It was new to me but I must say I like it! Reds, blacks, some beige-ish color too--it's nice.

I have not had paper micarta or any fancy handles like mammoth tooth etc., but I think I would like the paper based on what a lot of you guys say about it. By the time I was into Busse and Swamp Rat, it was no longer offered. I hear it can take a high polish and I like that.

special canvas Mic. is the best of both worlds...feels good + attractive...

Res-C is on my favorite Busse & Kin users but it's totally utilitarian <nothin wrong with that> but not very good looking.

Wow! Glad I saw your thread. I came here to start one asking why all of the G10 everywhere?

It seems like it's getting harder to find Micarta on things in the for sale forum. I'll find a knife I've been looking for and then see its G10 and pass.

1: Specialty Micarta
2: Specialty Material
3: Solid Micarta

I like micarta ! A matter o fact Busse really needs to do a few multi colored micartas again. We've (people) cloned sheep, cows and now we're bringing back mammoths. I think we can reproduce snakeskin micarta . Or atleast get something close. If they don't want to reproduce it , let's do something new. Multi colored and even a linen or two offering.

I voted solid canvas micarta based on it actually being available, would love to see other micarta options though, bring on the linen, denim, mutlicolor, whatever...

Black canvas micarta for all purpose user..and res c if I was strait up chopping for hours on end...imho

To make even more colorful and complicated options, you may need to include linen micarta and separate special canvas with special linen tigerhide micarta :D

I didn't vote. It's too difficult to answer. The knife's design, the balance and handle shape all play into the handle preference for me. For example the RMD works fine for me in paper, canvas micarta and G10 but other materials work nicely for me on other Busse(kin) models. And...The special micartas and G10s do catch my eye.

Orange / black or SOS orange even Black / yellow. When they hit the ground or even just misplaced I can find them easier lol
Way too many good options though, I really don't have an absolute favorite

Back