1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Buying a Tavor

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by 00ChevyScott, Jul 7, 2014.

1. 00ChevyScott

00ChevyScott

Dec 3, 2010
    Put it on layaway to lock in the price I got while I wait for the funds to clear my bank account. I picked up an FDE 16" version of the IWI Tavor bullpup rifle for $1680 + FFL fee. I'll be sure to post pictures when I finally get it, but here's a stock photo for those of you who don't know what a Tavor is.

[​IMG]

2. shaving sharp

shaving sharp Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Been wanting one and saving my pennies. I am jealous!

3. Bronco

Bronco Moderator Moderator

Feb 25, 2000
    Very nice, Scott. What sort of optic are you considering?

And how are the triggers on these? More Glock than 1911 I'd imagine, but I've never fired one.

4. 00ChevyScott

00ChevyScott

Dec 3, 2010
    I'm looking at one of the XPS Eotechs or possibly an aimpoint patrol. I have astigmatism so Eotechs are a little fuzzy for me.

As for the trigger, yes it will feel more like a striker fire pistol than an AR style trigger, but I pulled on one at a LGS the other day and its not near as bad as people try to say it is on the internet. Its obviously no two-stage AR trigger but its fine

5. Sid Post

Sid Post

Oct 14, 1998
    What tipped the scales in favor of the Tavor over and Aug or SCAR? I'd still like a folding stock DSArms FN/FAL to complement my collection.

6. jbob24

jbob24

Sep 23, 2010
    F yeah! I would love to hear your thoughts after you spend some time with it :D There is one local to me that I've seen pop up in classifieds a few times that's getting harder and harder to ignore :cool: I can easily ignore any criticisms from the internet "experts" in the name of fun toys :D

I have astigmatism also, but wear a specific contact lense for it that corrects 99% of the problem and lets me use an EOtech with no issues. It could be worth looking into if thats the kind of sight you would like to use. :)

7. BradT85

BradT85 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 21, 2013
    I have been thinking hard about grabbing one. I am a lefty so its nice knowing that they can be converted and that they dont really even need to be converted for a lefty if you use 5.56 and not weaker .223. And since SBRs are a pain to get in Illinois, this is a great alternative. Its safe to say that I am jealous.

8. LEGION 12

LEGION 12 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 8, 2009
    That's one ugly weapon but I want one !

9. 00ChevyScott

00ChevyScott

Dec 3, 2010
    The AUG is a sweet gun, but I felt the Tavor is a more modern design and replacement parts will be easier to get. Not to mention, the Tavor readily accepts AR mags while the AUG needs a NATO stock conversion.

I was interested in a SCAR, but the price on it is quite a bit higher. I'd love to get one one of these days, but I wanted to try a bullpup.

10. Sid Post

Sid Post

Oct 14, 1998
    With the "feeding frenzy" subsiding, SCAR prices have gotten softer. When politics stop driving the gun buying demand, SCAR prices should fall even more.

11. The Government

The Government

Aug 21, 2009
    I held one of those at a gun show and it felt very comfortable/ ergonomic. If I didn't already own a fighting rifle, that would be extremely tempting.

As for the optic, I own an Aimpoint Pro Patrol and while it is great, I kind of wish I had of saved the extra money for a micro... YMMV

12. bradpierson26

bradpierson26

Aug 7, 2008
    Grab an H-1 (if you don't have NVGs).