Carbon Fiber Refinish?

So I have been switching up the collection a bit... getting rid of Wood Inlays and eventually will sell my Lefty UG Umfaan. I’ve been getting Micarta, StarTec and PJ’s. Basically, I want to be able to refinish all my knives so I can carry and use them all without any guilt. I’m tired of having knives I can only look at on the shelf or watch their value drop with every outing.

I have a Large and Small Carbon Fiber Inkosi from knife Art and i’m not sure how they ware compared to a Plain Jane and what are my options for getting them refinished?

The lock side can be sandblasted during a spa treatment, that is a given but what can be done for the CF? Can 10 years of pocket ware with Keys and coins be made to look new again?

On a side note has anyone given their polished titanium wood in lay to a jeweler to tape up the wood so it does not get damaged and repolish the titanium to its mirror shine? Is that even possible?

The CF does not wear like a titanium handle. It can chip however. Some polishing compound and a rag will renew it for the most part.

I carried a CF 21 for a few months . Looked like new when I sold it off.

If it does get all banged up. You can either purchase a new one from CRK or get an after market slab.
Nothing can be done to carbon fiber to make it look new again. A pocket sheath would add many years to the life of the carbon fiber.

Usually carbonfiber is good for not having scratches. If they do get minor scratches it can easily be sanded out. If it's deep scratches or nicks then you'll have to send it to crk and maybe see if they can replace them for a cost. I've not had any issues with cf myself. Though have a few in cf that get scuffed up and easily wet sand it clean. Different grit depending on the type of finish.

Thanks for the Carbon Fiber info....what about the Cross Hatch? Will they sandblast and re Anodize as part of the spa treatment or for a small fee?

Thanks for the Carbon Fiber info....what about the Cross Hatch? Will they sandblast and re Anodize as part of the spa treatment or for a small fee?

Chris Reeve knives is open Monday through Thurs including right now, you should give them a call. They always answer and love to chat about knives.

I carried a small CF sebenza for several years every weekend and it held up very well. I recently sold it because I bought a CF inkosi but it wears nicely IMO. If I still had the pictures I would show you...

Back