Case Mid-Folding Hunter with assisted opening

Any of you see this yet? Apparently this fall Case is going to be releasing an assisted opener:

NQ0FyOQ.gif

What do you think? I kind of like it, especially if it comes with CV as an option. Not something I ever expected to see from Case!

afishhunter

Basic Member
Nothing I'd be interested in.
Pocket clips cause hotspots when gripping.
I have no need for one hand opening.
I don't need assisted opening ... yet, anyway.
If I ever develope arthritis in my hands, that might change, but there is no family history of it.
Rather surprising, actually, since on the maternal side there is a history of M.H.E. (I'm 4th generation to have it.)

(M.H.E. = "Multiple Hereditary Extosies" formerly known as "Osteochondromatosis")

Last edited:
Heh, I don't understand the hate...

It's a nice size, looks good, and pocket clips and one handed opening are handy on EDC knives. I'm interested and would be more interested if it's available in CV.

Kas99

Gold Member
I think they should be more focused the their roots. I live in PA and it bothers me the case puts so many knives out yet the quality is sub par to GEC. I dont usually post like this but it bothers me. If you want to sell knives make them like you used to.

Kas99

Gold Member
Just to add but not judge but queen was trying to market a switchable which isnt even legal in PA and look where they are at. If anyone one objects please let me know i would love to hear from you. But i love case i just wish they would make some great knives instead of just good enough to get by.

I think they should be more focused the their roots. I live in PA and it bothers me the case puts so many knives out yet the quality is sub par to GEC. I dont usually post like this but it bothers me. If you want to sell knives make them like you used to.

The price is also sub-par to GEC...

Although when Rough Rider can produce knives with close or similar quality then there may be a problem.

Anyways I don't like assisted openers. The feature is unnecessary, sometimes annoying, in the case of a flipper it takes the fun out of it IMO and feels like a way to make the knife snap open without bothering about detent strength and pivot friction, and I feel like it's one more thing wear out or break. On a traditional especially, not for me.

Kas99

Gold Member
Yeah you are right! I guess what i meant is i would like to see Case compete with the middle of the road market. Look how many queens and GECs you see on here for sale. There is no reason case couldnt be putting out 100 dollar knives that go for 150 200 on the secondary market. Knives people REALLY WANT.

Does the knife have a back spring in addition to the liner lock? I think that the video shows a non-assisted knife opened with a vigorous push of the thumb.

The MFH is my favorite CASE model. I hate pocket clips on a knife this small and had to cut it off of one of my MFH's. That this knife is assisted is interesting in that it would be easier to open, but it also might come open in the pocket!:eek:

kvaughn

Gold Member
No thanks. Very disappointing. I think I'll get a couple of my old XX's out and clean them a bit to get this bad taste out of my mouth.):==KV

kvaughn

Gold Member
Nothing I'd be interested in.
Pocket clips cause hotspots when gripping.
I have no need for one hand opening.
I don't need assisted opening ... yet, anyway.
If I ever develope arthritis in my hands, that might change, but there is no family history of it.
Rather surprising, actually, since on the maternal side there is a history of M.H.E. (I'm 4th generation to have it.)

(M.H.E. = "Multiple Hereditary Extosies" formerly known as "Osteochondromatosis")
I've got BAD O.A. in both my hands. After carrying slipjoints for 60+ years It has become very difficult to access/open some of them. I recently got a Delica, my first "modern" knife. I'm a died in the wool traditional guy but this thing is much easier to access and use. Ya do what ya gotta do!==KV