• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Balls_tothe_Walls (Heath Helton) is a scammer

It's worse than that, they have a specific rule banning negative comments about transactions.

That's not true. Where is this alleged rule?

There was recently a thread about a shady seller who did not disclose a damaged 940 and subsequently went silent.

Thank you T thtieu and everyone else who posted here. balls_tothe_wall (Heath Helton) contacted me a short time ago about buying a Shirogorov Neon from me. A quick search and I found this thead and saved myself alot of aggravations and money.

Now if everyone did that this thief wouldn’t be able to make any deals.

Thank you T thtieu and everyone else who posted here. balls_tothe_wall (Heath Helton) contacted me a short time ago about buying a Shirogorov Neon from me. A quick search and I found this thead and saved myself alot of aggravations and money.
I'm sure he would have no problem paying by USPS Money Order. :rolleyes:

Now if everyone did that this thief wouldn’t be able to make any deals.
And if he truly is not a thief like he claims, it is in his best interest to resolve the issues in this thread, not abandon it because it's a hassle.

Looks like bass_tothe_Walls, Heath Helton, has committed felony theft!

He's also stopped posting in for sale or trade threads on Reddit so he must be trying to get deals done by private message so no one can warn the other party. On the Reddit link posted here he was also a moderator on the Reddit knife raffle. When I first saw that site, in it's older state (different random generator etc.), I thought it looked fishy. I was told by others that there was a handful of people who won a disproportionate amount of the nice knives and they were re-selling them quickly on other BST's or re-raffling them. Now I wonder if he was one of those 'lucky' winners?

Looks like bass_tothe_Walls, Heath Helton, has committed felony theft!

He's also stopped posting in for sale or trade threads on Reddit so he must be trying to get deals done by private message so no one can warn the other party. On the Reddit link posted here he was also a moderator on the Reddit knife raffle. When I first saw that site, in it's older state (different random generator etc.), I thought it looked fishy. I was told by others that there was a handful of people who won a disproportionate amount of the nice knives and they were re-selling them quickly on other BST's or re-raffling them. Now I wonder if he was one of those 'lucky' winners?
You need to know what "theft" is. Not keeping your promise is not "theft," nor is screwing up.

You need to know what "theft" is. Not keeping your promise is not "theft," nor is screwing up.
Definition of theft in Kansas is: "obtaining control over the property through fraud or deception". Felony theft is anything over $1000.00 in KS and under $25,000.00. Usually I would say he just committed fraud, along with mail fraud if the US Postal system was used, but not in Kansas and many other states.

If the people in this thread are not made whole, and have stated they have not been made whole, then that is "theft"! Promises or screw ups are not the issue. You can promise or make excuses for whatever you want and that does not mean you are no longer responsible for your actions.

So it is a matter of intent. Intent to deceive can be proved by admission or, more often, by a pattern or practice.

Show me exactly where you are seeing that. Please provide a link.

"
  • Deal at your own risk. Feel free to message the mods if a deal goes bad and we will offer what support we can, but DO NOT post about bad deals.

• Be polite. Criticism is welcome if kept friendly and helpful."

Found on the Reddit knifemarket rules page.

Next time ask me nicely...

And if he truly is not a thief like he claims, it is in his best interest to resolve the issues in this thread, not abandon it because it's a hassle.
"
  • Deal at your own risk. Feel free to message the mods if a deal goes bad and we will offer what support we can, but DO NOT post about bad deals.

• Be polite. Criticism is welcome if kept friendly and helpful."

Found on the Reddit knifemarket rules page.

Next time ask me nicely...

Reddit isn't a forum site like BF. Those are the rules for knife_swap which is only for buying/selling. There are no separate sections like on the Exchange. If you go over to /r/knifeclub, this rule doesn't exist there and you are free to discuss bad trades to your hearts content. It's not really a fair apples to apples comparison.

Reddit isn't a forum site like BF. Those are the rules for knife_swap which is only for buying/selling. There are no separate sections like on the Exchange. If you go over to /r/knifeclub, this rule doesn't exist there and you are free to discuss bad trades to your hearts content. It's not really a fair apples to apples comparison.
Is r/knifeclub moderated by members that participate in the buying/selling and could edit/delete comments they don’t like?

Is r/knifeclub moderated by members that participate in the buying/selling and could edit/delete comments they don’t like?

Reddit mods have the ability to remove comments but they cannot edit them. I just checked the list of /r/knifeclub mods and don't really recognize them as regulars on knife_swap. Also, it looks like there is no overlap in mods between the two subreddits.

the only comments a normal user can edit the ones you write. I cannot edit anyone else's comments. I don't think a moderator can either, because I have been asked to delete certain comments by a moderator in knifeswap. I am sure that moderators of knifeclub participate in knifeswap, but I do not think they can edit anyones comments, other than their own. But I am not for sure

via PayPal:
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/brc/disputes-claims-chargebacks-and-bank-reversals

How will a chargeback be processed?

"Once a chargeback has been filed, you’ll have 10 days to respond to it. The chargeback process could take 75 or more days to be resolved. Because the debit/credit card issuer determines this process, allowable time frames are determined by the credit card industry. During this review process, a temporary hold may automatically be placed on the transaction funds. This hold will stay in place while the chargeback is resolved with the debit/credit card issuer and will be released back to you if the chargeback is settled in your favor."

I currently have -$450 from my PayPal account from this. He may not be responding and I see everyone's anger/concern. Understand 100%.

Just know that I recently (about 2 weeks ago) sent him my Karroll knife, that sold on here recently for $850. He had it a week before I decided I just wanted to trade a few knives for that one. He sent them, no problems at all.

Paypal told me that it is a minimum of 30 days on these cases, but could take up to 90 days. Their website states, "The chargeback process could take 75 or more days to be resolved." Regardless, its going to take a while, which sucks because I want to buy a motorcycle :(

Did I state that the two were the same?

I stated that discussing transactions was against the rules on Reddit and it is. That doesn't mean it isn't done, it means the people running it don't want anyone talking about transactions that take place there.

Did I state that the two were the same?

I stated that discussing transactions was against the rules on Reddit and it is. That doesn't mean it isn't done, it means the people running it don't want anyone talking about transactions that take place there.

No you didn't state that they were the same but your assertions treat them as if they are equivalent in structure. I feel it is an important distinction. Simply stating "discussing transactions was against the rules on Reddit" isn't completely accurate. While it is true that it is against the rules on reddit.com/r/knife_swap they are NOT against the rules on reddit.com/r/knifeclub. /r/knife_swap is ONLY for buying/trading/selling. It is basically a combination of all the "For Sale" sections of the Exchange. Discussion posts like this one are not allowed in those sections are they?

/r/knifeclub is for open discussion and in THAT subreddit, there are no rules forbidding discussion of transactions, scammers, etc.

Making the blanket statement that discussing transactions is against the rules of REDDIT as a whole is inaccurate. It is like saying "there are no mountains in the USA". While there are no mountains in certain parts of the US, that's not true for the entirety of the US.

BTTW is banned. Discussion has drifted on to other topics.
Thread closed.

Back