• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Balls_tothe_Walls (Heath Helton) is a scammer

It seems all you can really do is make sure if you buy use pay pal goods. If you are dealing with someone with limited posts, FB, or time here do more research the higher the money involved. I used to not worry too much about who I sold to, but this nonsense is making me rethink it.

Just to add one observation, it seems that the thievery is primarily surrounding folding knife sales and trades, especially the more sought after models. I guess it’s because they are way more easy to liquidate, than fixed bladed knives. Just be extra cautious, selling those expensive folders.

At some point it has crossed the scammers radar that we are easy pickens, due to our trust of one another. It is impossible to make the exchange and the individual completely safe, but it still is a small(but growing) number of transactions that have problems. Of those most are going to be with newer members and those that don't post in other areas of the forum-few are going to spend 5 years and 1000 posts to set up a rip off. Trades and F&F make up the majority of all rip offs, so you can improve your chances by avoiding both and if you do trade do it with someone you know.
For years I never thought about rip offs. It is a shame I have to think about it at all now. I am not sure if these people even have an interest in knives other then a quick buck.

Just a heads up, I’m also on this victim list from a sale on Nov 12. I submitted tracking etc but still waiting for PayPal review, about a week now. The dispute is for an unauthorized transaction, and the amount is less than the full original price (although the full amount is what’s frozen).

In contact he said he would approve the transaction once I responded to the dispute last week. Just waiting now.

It seems like the pattern for these scammers are similar, very few posts in the discussion forums, sell/buy a couple dozen knives to gain trust and give the impression they are stand up folks. Then after several months, scam people.
What I've learned from this ordeal is that for new members, whether they like it or not, is to pay with a money order and wait to have the knife shipped. This will apply if I'm selling a knife. If I'm buying a knife, they'll have to ship it to me first and then I'll send them a money order.
It's not fool proof, but it's better than having my PayPal account frozen until things are sorted out. It may seem a bit steep, but, some of the new members are forcing the great people here to protect themselves.
Trustworthy members are another story, I've made several deals with P Peter Hartwig and I've shipped to him waiting on funds. I've done this with several members as well. So, there's no doubt when you're dealing with a person that has morals and a conscience, there will be no issues and if there is, it can be worked out. I've had a couple knives returned because of B.S. reasons. Such is life.
The way I feel about it, is that if new members are not willing to adhere to established members practices, then they really don't need to be here.

Just an update from my experience. He said he would approve the purchase through PayPal.

I've called PayPal and asked. They told me that he approved that purchase. He also stated that he has approved the purchase through the bank as well. I have read on PayPal website it usually takes 30 days for a charge back from the bank, and it can take up to 90 days. I also verified this with PayPal customer service. I asked him how long does it "really usually take?". He said, "30 days or more, banks are very slow when dealing with charge backs."

With that being said, it appears that I am waiting on his bank/credit card to approve the purchase and send funds back to PayPal.

Like I said before, this has happened to me before with him from this exact credit card fraud situation. I eventually got my money back. However, it did take a while. I'm saying this so anyone could probably call PayPal and get this information. I wouldn't necessarily think you're being "scammed" quiet yet.

Just an update from my experience. He said he would approve the purchase through PayPal.

I've called PayPal and asked. They told me that he approved that purchase. He also stated that he has approved the purchase through the bank as well. I have read on PayPal website it usually takes 30 days for a charge back from the bank, and it can take up to 90 days. I also verified this with PayPal customer service. I asked him how long does it "really usually take?". He said, "30 days or more, banks are very slow when dealing with charge backs."

With that being said, it appears that I am waiting on his bank/credit card to approve the purchase and send funds back to PayPal.

Like I said before, this has happened to me before with him from this exact credit card fraud situation. I eventually got my money back. However, it did take a while. I'm saying this so anyone could probably call PayPal and get this information. I wouldn't necessarily think you're being "scammed" quiet yet.

If he did like you said and it was only a matter of waiting for the bank, all he had to do was come on here and explain or do so privately to the parties involved. People would have understood. If he is not a scammer, he is a fool.

I don’t understand why transactions are still being flagged as fraudulent so long after the original fraudulent transactions were reported, that card was closed and a new card was issued to Balls.

I asked this question earlier in thread and Balls chose not to explain. Could you give details on the dates of the transactions you have had charged back?

I don’t understand why transactions are still being flagged as fraudulent so long after the original fraudulent transactions were reported, that card was closed and a new card was issued to Balls.

I asked this question earlier in thread and Balls chose not to explain. Could you give details on the dates of the transactions you have had charged back?
October 23 and October 24 of this year. This is not the only time I have sold him something, nor the most expensive.

What date were the transactions charged back?
I'm not sure I'm understanding what you're asking?

It happened to me on December 18, 2017. This was from two purchases he made on October 23rd and 24th. PayPal told me it would take 30-90 days before the bank sends the money back. PayPal said they're fighting the dispute for me with the bank.

I have not received my money back yet. Still waiting. I hope I answered your question correctly?

It happened to me on December 18, 2017. This was from two purchases he made on October 23rd and 24th. PayPal told me it would take 30-90 days before the bank sends the money back. PayPal said they're fighting the dispute for me with the bank.

I have not received my money back yet. Still waiting. I hope I answered your question correctly?

You did answer what I was asking. Thanks.

If he did like you said and it was only a matter of waiting for the bank, all he had to do was come on here and explain or do so privately to the parties involved. People would have understood. If he is not a scammer, he is a fool.
I really can’t agree more. Well stated!

@Balls_tothe_Walls is a legit dude. It's happened to me in the past and happening now. Please do not be worried at all. He got it taken care of the last time and will do it this time. Be patient!! And blasting a dude before trying to work it out or you're able to talk with him is not cool! He's good! He also wouldn't be here speaking about it if he were trying to screw people over

Before this current set of purchases. What is the date of the time it happened in the past?

Simply amazin..BTTW

YOU ARE Done --Hammer has come DOWN--
all this pans out and you are in the wrong

No one else made the claim but YOU..
Unless another person has access to your
account..

You need to step up..Stop being and acting like a 12 year old and
make things right..By the looks..No one will be dealing with you
anytime soon..

Last edited:
Just curious as to how a banned "member" can communicate here? Is there a way to contact a mod after one has been banned?

Just curious as to how a banned "member" can communicate here? Is there a way to contact a mod after one has been banned?

A banned member can't communicate here and the only way to contact a Mod after being banned would be to create another account ( which should be banned ) or to know a Mods email address.

As far as @Balls_tothe_Walls goes, he had numerous opportunities to communicate here before being banned and chose not to.

A banned member can't communicate here and the only way to contact a Mod after being banned would be to create another account ( which should be banned ) or to know a Mods email address.

As far as @Balls_tothe_Walls goes, he had numerous opportunities to communicate here before being banned and chose not to.

Thanks. I was just curious as to what one's options would be in a case where there might be something worthwhile to hear from the banned guy. This is a weird case. It seemed like the guy was actually trying to get things squared away, and then he went dark. It's certainly possible that he's just a crook, but in the event there was something else going on, I guess we won't know unless some of the directly involved check in with new info.

Back