Changing times! Updated CRK Lead Times

That's absolutely ridiculous

So after reading this i panicked and went and purchased a backup plain small 31 (only have inlays) that came up on a dealer site overnight, a knife i certainly didn't need, because i expect it'll sell out soon... which is the sort of behaviour that explains the shortage and wait times...

Heres to hoping this increases the value of used 21’s

No joke man!! I have a small plane Jane 21. Wonder what it’s worth.

That's absolutely ridiculous

So after reading this i panicked and went and purchased a backup plain small 31 (only have inlays) that came up on a dealer site overnight, a knife i certainly didn't need, because i expect it'll sell out soon... which is the sort of behaviour that explains the shortage and wait times...
I agree. We are the problem. It’s hard to not impulse when you fear you may not be able to purchase again or for quite some time. I have been trying to buy another Inkosi for 2 years now and every time I would get a notification email, they were already out of stock by the time I got to the site. Thankfully I just snagged one off the exchange.

It is crazy to think that the lead times are this long.

The knife industry is crazy right now!

These updated CRK lead times are fascinating to me and this is with shop expansion and producing more knives than they’ve ever produced before.

View attachment 1877294
Holy Cow!

When I placed my order recently for a custom Sebenza 31 the lead time was on a chart from 06/2022, and the wait was only 22-26 weeks. So, now I wonder if my order squeezed in with the old lead time or if I'm stuck with the new one? I hated waiting 4 years for my Randall Made Hunter.

Last edited:
They seem to prioritize dealer orders and regular production over individual direct "custom" orders on their website, which is what the lead times reference. I assume knives will continue to show up at regular intervals at dealers as they always have, I just wish there was a better way to track the trickle 😁 If anyone has any intel on how to track up coming inventory at dealers, please PM me! Really looking forward to putting a Magnacut blade to work.

Your lead time, at the time of your order, should stay the same according to CRK. The new lead times, which are now updated every quarter, apply to new direct orders.

I think when people see these numbers it will be rather discouraging to some.
It seems certain to drive the aftermarket prices up, especially if someone wants to flip their new magnacut…

Holy Cow!

When I placed my order recently for a custom Sebenza 31 the lead time was on a chart from 06/2022, and the wait was only 22-26 weeks. So, now I wonder if my order squeezed in with the old lead time or if I'm stuck with the new one? I hated waiting 4 years for my Randall Made Hunter.
You sure it was weeks and not months?

Back