Closing a liner lock folder

Hi,

Is it possible to close a liner lock folder with 1 hand. What is the best way to close the folder?

Thanks very much in advance

Is it possible? Of course... on most knives. I've closed my liner locks hundreds of times and haven't cut msyelf yet.

Ideally, it would probably be best to disengage the liner lock, close the knife and 1/8th the way, then move all fingers away from the path of the blade and close it the rest of the way.

I use my pants leg to close the blade after moving the thumb out of the way.
Since I currently have a broken right wrist my left-handed open and close techniques have become lots more significant!

Pullwith index finger, let blade fall, move fingers out.
Left hand, pull with thumb, index finger the blade closed (who said they weren't lefty friendly?)

Well...my method might involve some skill (yeah, right).

Simply hold it in your hand with your index finger down the spine of the blade applying light pressure. Then, with youur thumb, move the liner over with your thumb to unlock the knife. Slowly start to move the blade back to the closed position and move your thumb out of the way of the blade.

Your pinky, ring, and middle fingers should be against the scales out of the way of the blade holding your knife in your hand.

It's pretty simple, just start slow and soo you can do it with your eyes closed.

Back