Comeuppance's giveaway and Mother's Day thread! (Winner announced!)

Comeuppance

Fixed Blade EDC Emisssary
So, finally doing a giveaway, and, unrelatedly, creating a pool of ideas for Mother's Day (this Sunday!)

The prize: A brand new Stepped Titanium Anodized Chaparral!

The entry rules:
- You must have joined at least a month ago (4/6/15) and have at least 100 posts.
- Shipping is on me for US50 and Canada only. International shipping would be at the entrants' expense (Excluding Canada) - I'll cover $5.25 USD of any international shipping option, though, as that is how much US50 / Canada shipping would cost.
- All official entries must have "This is my official entry" in the post.
- Post your plans or just an idea for Mother's Day! You don't HAVE to, but who wants to be the freeloader?
- You can make additional posts, but only your initial "This is my official entry" will count. One entry per person. I'll use a random number generator to pick the winner.
- All entries will be valid until 11:59PM Central Standard Time Saturday night, 5/9/15. Winner will be chosen sometime Sunday.
- You must not have won a giveaway on this forum in the last 6 months.

If I've missed some kind of obvious standard rule for this kind of thing, please let me know.

My contribution: I got my mother a Spyderco Santoku kitchen knife, and I'll be taking her to a local Vietnamese restaurant she has been wanting to go to.

Last edited:
Official entry post I got my mother 2 nice bottles of wine and a new leatherman micra as she lost her old one. Dinner at grandmas later on.

That knife's a beauty! I suppose my plans are just to spend the day with my mom. :)

Not an entry as I've won a couple GAWs in the past few months.

This is my official entry.

My mother's gonna be gone from Wednesday til Saturday this week, so my dad and brother and I are gonna whip up a small celebration when she gets back, with lots of chocolate and snowflakes. :)

This is my official entry. Thanks for the chance.

My three year old got my wife a new phone case and I got her a nice bottle of wine. We will play mini golf one day this weekend (one of my wife's favorite things to do) and we will probably spend time at the beach or a local state park near the water.

Official entry!

My mom passed away last year at 90. I am gifting an amount to an Alzheimer's organization in her name.

For my wife of 50 years and mother of my kids its flowers, perfume and her favorite restaurant.

Mike

For Mother's Day my fiancée and I are taking my mom to a local falcon rescue and to a couple other local nature nerd places (lol) then to dinner. She's got a couple of Masters degrees in various biology fields so she loves that stuff.

Not an entry, but you could mention US only shipping or worldwide ;)
Best of luck to all, super nice GAW

Regards

This is my official entry

I've not had a chance to celebrate mothers day with my mother since 1997 but this post reminds me to be thankful regardless.

This is not an entry. I know that there's many out there who could use this knife more than I could.

Whatever you end up doing, be careful if you're considering some sort of "Surprise" celebration. It works well on TV and in the movies but I've seen enough of those happen in real life to know that it really depends on the recipient's personality and what the surprise consists of.

This is my official entry. Thanks for to chance!

Sent my mother a card already, will have to settle for a call day of, as I have to work 12hr on Sunday, and I'm a 4 hr drive away.

This is my official entry; thank you for the chance. :thumbup:

I'll be spending Mother's Day with my mother as well as my wife as part of my younger sister's wedding this weekend so it'll be one big party and a great chance to reconnect with everybody that I have not seen in a while... I still have to decide what I'm buying as gifts for both ladies LOL! :thumbup::rolleyes::D

"This is my official entry" - thank you for the GAW sir!

I will probably take my Mom out to dinner with her Granddaughter's.

"This is my official entry"

Thanks for the cool GAW! A little boring but I'm doing a mother's day all you can eat buffet dinner at the Liberty House in NJ. The mother's day special is in their reception area with glass walls and a view to NYC. So we're hoping that she likes it.

"This is my official entry". My mother is about 500 miles away and I am on call so won't be seeing her. I will phone though. My wife is taking a course about 2500 miles away(Hamilton, Ontario) so I won't be seeing her either. A lonely day on Sunday. Great prize; those are the perfect EDC knife.

Every year I boil crawfish (a little less spice than I like - just for her) for the family in her honor. This year she needed some herb scissors and veggie spinner so that's what I got her.

Great give away. Very nice. Good luck to everyone.

Movie, Chocolates and Chinese Food for my mother.

Back