Company store ?

Do orders placed with the company store also have a 2 - 3 week wait, as with those placed directly with Busse combat or do they already have the items they are selling in stock. Also, do they usually send out an email order confirmation? Thanks in advance.

Lagarto

lagarto said:
Do orders placed with the company store also have a 2 - 3 week wait, as with those placed directly with Busse combat or do they already have the items they are selling in stock. Also, do they usually send out an email order confirmation? Thanks in advance.

Lagarto

The items for sale are in stock (to my knowledge) and Vicki is great to work with. I ordered a blasting cap and communication was excellent. You have no worries and if you are wondering if they have an item in stock, drop em' an email. They were quick to respond to me :D

Hi Lagarto. Vicki of The Busse Company Store here. We have everything in stock that is listed on our "Order Here" page. We are still working out the bugs of the inventory tracking system but so far we haven't had any mishaps. :D

If you place an order online with us we try to ship it out within a few days. We try to do our shipping at least twice a week.

The website takes credit cards and you can always email us (me)for help if you have any trouble. Hope I was able to answer your questions.

Btw, The Busse Company Store has/will order all the knives in the most popular configurations that Busse Combat offers, this includes all the Limited Edition models. :cool:

Thanks.
Vicki
www.bussecompanystore.com

Mrs. Skunk, thanks for the quick reply, oddly enough I posted this after I had placed my order with you folks. I ordered an SFNO yesterday night, the Fat model with black SF scales. I just checked your site, and it's no longer listed, so I guess I could have answered my own question. Thanks again for the prompt reply, this is my first Busse, although I do have an FSH on order, so I'll be anxiously watching the mail next week.

Lagarto

Do you think the SFNO will fit in the new FSH sheath. I was trying to save a little money, since I kinda went nuts ordering two Busses and ordered an extra sheath in the hopes of modifying it to fit the SFNO. The idea was not to spend money on a custom sheath. Since you all are dealers and seem to have handled both I thought I'd ask what your opinions are. Thanks.

Lagarto

idahoskunk

Gold Member
i think brown or oku would have to answer that but i don't think it will work. from the looks of the pictures ( :rolleyes: ;) ) the steel heart is very much larger than a outlaw.

it would be the difference between.... lets say a

pansy vrs. a daffodil

go custom if you can, it will make a difference!! :cool:

The Skunks are a Class Act and I'm sure you'll get excellent service when dealing with them. :cool:

lagarto said:

Lagarto

hehe... two weeks from the busse shop.... actually, 2-3 weeks only really applies to instock items. when you order a production knife from busse, like the fusion steel heart, your knife will actually be made and then sent to you, rather then made, and put on a shelf to be sold later, so the wait time is a more reasonable (considering the time it takes to make a blade) 8-12 weeks. at least, thats how i understand it.

from the looks of the photo's the SFNO will probably fit the FSH sheath, as long as they are the same thickness (and possibly even if they arent). im curently using a standard 3/16" satin jack sheath to hold up my 1/4 satin jack, so thickness variation may not come into play to much. and im pretty sure that my basic 5/3 would fit into this sheath as well.

the extra lenghth will bug you pretty quickly after wearing it around, gaurenteed. making sheaths is pretty easy if your willing to buy the materials, and there are some very consistent sheath makers out there who have reasonable prices. normark has always made sheaths that impress me...

nothin but good experiences dealing with scott here as well :) if them blasting caps had the busse custom shop logo on it, id have ordered one (probably two) the second i saw them on sale... i might actually make one now that i think about it... very cool hats anyways...

SethMurdoc,
Thanks for the input, how big is the difference in length anyway, isn't the FSH only an inch longer in the blade than the SFNO?

Lagarto

Hi Vicki,

If we want to look at the Busses physically and hold them to see which handle is the most comfortable and also to feel the weight and movement of the arm with the Busse knives where do we go? Ohio or Idaho? or ...?

Thanks

idahoskunk

Gold Member
lagarto said:
Do you think the SFNO will fit in the new FSH sheath. I was trying to save a little money, since I kinda went nuts ordering two Busses and ordered an extra sheath in the hopes of modifying it to fit the SFNO. The idea was not to spend money on a custom sheath. Since you all are dealers and seem to have handled both I thought I'd ask what your opinions are. Thanks.Lagarto
lagarto....

yes, some may think i'm a charlatan, and yet some may think i'm a prankster, some from busse think i'm a stud muffin (very true)

some may think it's safe to go out with me, some think I WILL VOTE FOR BUSH,

BUT i want you to know that i have NEVER photoshopped anything in my life before but THIS!

here is an artists rendering of the size difference between a FNO and a FSH.

use this in good health and remember it's just a rendering of the size difference from drawing obtained in tucson, az and pics i took at blade 03.

thanks brown :cool:

think fusion!! (unless it's an old straight handeled busse, then scarf it up)

fotofusion2.jpg

idahoskunk

Gold Member
ps: i would suggest you buy a factory sheath or contact any of the kydex or leather makers on this cool busse forum!!! :cool:

David Brown

Kydex Sheath and Holster Artist :)
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I am with skunky on this one buy a sheath from one of thecustom guys.

One of them loves to trade & has a BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD Busse addiction you could probabley get a bunch of sheaths for the right Busse ! :D

frogfish

Gold Member
David Brown said:
I am with skunky on this one buy a sheath from one of thecustom guys.

One of them loves to trade & has a BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD Busse addiction you could probabley get a bunch of sheaths for the right Busse ! :D
Gosh Dave which would you suggest Leather ? Plastic??

The store lists a SFNO fat with black crinkle finish and magnum black LINEN handles. (I ordered one, but it isn't here yet.) Is this a typo? On the Busse site the Magnum Fushion handles are described as black canvas. If IRC the only other black handles are in black paper. Thanks for any info that would clear this up. :confused:

idahoskunk

Gold Member
metallicat said:
The store lists a SFNO fat with black crinkle finish and magnum black LINEN handles. (I ordered one, but it isn't here yet.) Is this a typo? On the Busse site the Magnum Fushion handles are described as black canvas. If IRC the only other black handles are in black paper. Thanks for any info that would clear this up. :confused:
as you will see the company store will have some very special limited knives!

i just took another look at these and yes, you bought a rare one!!! :cool:

black comes in several layed up fabrics and colors

the color is mostly blk

the fabrik verys

blk canvas
blk linen
blk polarfleece
blk paper
blk silk

stay tuned for some very special busse knives!!! :cool: :cool:

Jerry Busse

Bravado said:
The Skunks are a Class Act and I'm sure you'll get excellent service when dealing with them. :cool:

:eek: Man, I don't think it's fair to let Skunk get labeled as a "Class Act" just because he is married to Vicki!!!! :eek:

Poor Vicki is a "Class Act" who just happens to be married to a very unruly 12 year old!!!!! :D ;) . . . .errrrr. . . . wait a minute. . . that's what my wife calls me!!!!. . . . never mind!

You are right about the excellent service!!! :cool:

Jerry