Coyote Hunter

Bounty program for coyotes got funded. Rifle all tuned up with new scope and bipod. Got some new calls and I needed a new knife. Today I finally finished my coyote hunter. BK17 treated to some Desert Mirage Duracoat on the knife and screws, Leopardwood scales and a sheath mod. The scales are 3/8" per side. I decided to forego shaping them and left them slab sided reminiscent of Backwoods Custom's scales.
DSCN0444.jpg

DSCN0445.jpg

DSCN0446.jpg

Obviously the retention straps were now useless. After taking it to two different canvas shops where i explained how to cut off the two straps and make one from them. No parts needed, perfect match, just cut and sew. Turns out after $30 in gas and $20 in charges all i got was the belt loop sewn shut by both shops. Got me a 50 cent bungee and made an elastic strap myself. Easy to use with heavy clothing, no looking down for snaps. Problem solved.
DSCN0447.jpg

What do I keep in the pouch? Why this. What did you expect?
DSCN0448.jpg

Man, that looks sweet!
How do the handles feel in hand?
BTW...give them coyotes hell!!

The duracoat came out great. I love the way it looks with that color and the scales.
Please give us an update and let us know how the finish holds up under use.

stabbing coyotes one at a time?

make sure you take their cell-phones :D

Looks good! Hopefully it will see some action soon. Coyotes are some fun hunting. Smart little buggers.

The leapoardwood looks great. That's a nice 17. It's kinda hillbilly-tactical now. I like it.

Great looking knife,back in the 50's we got $2 bounty on coyote ears,and 25 cents for jack rabbits,whats the bounty now??

dude this thread is soooooo misleading.... I've been trying to trap yotes to no avail and really thought I was going to get some tangible advise on calling these yappers.....

nice knife though :D

Back