1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Cqc-7V

Discussion in 'Emerson Knives' started by InsurgentNarhwal, May 18, 2012.

1. InsurgentNarhwal

InsurgentNarhwal Banned BANNED

Apr 27, 2012
    Looking for my 1st Emerson, and I'm really digging the Cqc-7v because of the grind and also because I'm a sucker for tan anything. Problem is, there impossible to find! Can anyone point me towards somewhere that has any in stock?

2. dustyzz

dustyzz

Apr 23, 2007
    I believe only Emerson Prestige dealers can carry the 7V, so you might look at the Emerson website for a listing of Prestige level dealers. FWIW, I bought mine from an outfit in Austin, Texas called Action Concepts... I don't believe they are paying member dealer so I can't give you a web link, but I'm sure if you Google them you will find their website easy enough.

YMMV,
    /jr.

3. stevekolt

stevekolt Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2007
    I just ordered my first Emerson, a CQC7V. PM or Email me and I will give you the name of the place I ordered from. Can't post it to the thread itself...

4. InsurgentNarhwal

InsurgentNarhwal Banned BANNED

Apr 27, 2012
    I actually found one :). Thanks though! I should have it Monday. The wait commences!

5. RevDevil

RevDevil Super Evil Supermod Staff Member Super Mod

Nov 9, 2009
    That might prove difficult in the states, Monday is Memorial Day and there is no mail.

6. Need2Know

Need2Know Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2011
    I like the CQC-7V in tan and SF. On the Emerson Web site it looks to have a two-tone blade finish. Tumbled on the flats and more satin on the grinds. Is this how they all look?
    I ask because I believe I have seen pics where it has only a single satin finish on the entire blade.
    Please advise, and a pic would help a lot. If its 2-tone, I'll be hunting for one at Blade.
    Met the man, himself, last year and will be seeing him and the family again this year. Thanks for any help.

7. stevekolt

stevekolt Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Don't know if they are all like this, but the one I received on Wednesday does.

8. Need2Know

Aug 31, 2011
    ^^ Thank you.

I'll keep an eye out for one at the show.

9. IGotStabbed

IGotStabbed

Jul 11, 2007
    What they call stonewash is basically a two tone finish with the grind being satin.

10. Bapple

Bapple Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2010
    I know a prestige dealer who has probably over 30 of these in stock. PM for info if you are interested :D

11. Need2Know

Aug 31, 2011
    Thanks guys. Appreciate the replys.

12. drillsgt71

drillsgt71

Dec 1, 2010
    Here are pics of one of mine. The one in these pics is in Afganistan with my son. I have a plain edge one in my pocket. All of them are finished like you said, stonewashed on the flats with polished grind lines.

Attached Files: